Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Seamed 100 percent silicone cap. Superb comfort and fit.

Review of "Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap"

published 08/11/2010 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Silicone. Durable. Good fit. Inexpensive.
Cons Knack to putting it on.
Style

"Keep your head dry."

Following my back surgery last year, my physiotherapist advised me to take up swimming regularly because it would help strengthen my muscles, in particular the muscles in my back. So, I try to go swimming at least four or five times a week - and as I have long hair (down to my waist) it suits me to be able to wear a swim-cap to limit the inconvenience associated with going swimming.

As many of you are no doubt aware, the Speedo range is probably the most widely available swimming range in the UK and so it was the easiest to get my hands on. I actually purchased my swimming cap from JJB Sports for £3.99. There is a wide range of colours available, which actually isn't that important to me, but I opted for a white one as that seemed the most neutral colour.

This particularly swimming cap is made of silicone - which means that it is not only stretchy and provides a perfect fit, but that it is also very lightweight and takes up literally no room whatsoever in my swim bag. In addition to this, the swim cap is also very durable and is not prone to damage - and despite having it over six months and using it many times a week, the swimming cap remains looking like new.

Despite having long hair, my hair fits inside very well and my hair remains perfectly dry - although occassionally I may get a few strands wet if I'm careless when putting it on. I do however find it simple to put on - although I do feel there is a bit of a knack to it which clicks within a few times of using it. I've found it is important to put it on back first - and then snap it over the front.

All in all, I recommend this swimming cap for anyone who wants to keep a dry head when swimming.