Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap

Seamed 100 percent silicone cap. Superb comfort and fit.

Review of "Speedo Senior Plain Moulded Silicone Swimming Cap"

published 19/01/2011 | Qroo
Member since : 12/08/2005
Pro Keeps hair drier, less of a chlorine smell, cheap
Cons None
Style

"Protect Your Hair! - Speedo Swim Cap"

As a swimmer and triathlete, I have been through numerous swimming hats over the last few years and I seem to accumulate a lot from races. One of my favourite and most comfortable ones was a blue Speedo hat that I was given at a race last year.

As I swim up to 6 hours a week, the chlorine in my hair was starting to be a problem as you can still smell it, even after washing. I therefore swim with a hat most of the time to try to protect my hair and to hopefully make me a bit more streamlined through the water. I didn't actually use this hat until about 6 months ago as the one I was using before was fine until it ripped.

The hat that I have is a dark blue colour and measures 24cm x 20cm and has a small Speedo logo in one corner on each side. This size for me is perfect as it can be put on quite easily without too much of a struggle. As I don't have long hair, I don't have the problem of having to tuck long hair in. When on, it fits quite snug over my hair and comes just over my forehead and over half my ears. When putting your goggles on over a swim hat, you should make sure that no part of the lens actually goes over the hat, otherwise you won't get a proper seal round your eyes and your goggles will leak. The hat is made of a thin latex-like material that makes it very flexible and also very durable. I am still using this hat today and there is no noticeable wear to it.

I'm not sure if I actually get any aerodynamic advantage from it but I always like to think so as it makes me feel quicker. I have noticed that since using swimming hats, there is less of a chlorine smell on getting out the pool and it is easier to wash out. My hair also stays a lot drier, however this isn't too much of an issue for me but it may be for those with longer hair.

I have seen these in shops and on the internet for around £2-£3 and for the money I believe they are excellent value for money. They can come in a variety of colours and should keep your hair a bit drier than without one. I would highly recommend one for anyone who is a keen swimmer. 5/5 rating because of the great practical product it is.

Thank you for reading!

This review may also appear on my blog Dooyoo under the same username.

• Borg published 19/01/2011