Spring Force Ultra Balm Tissue

Spring Force Ultra Balm Tissue

Tissues/Wipes

Review of "Spring Force Ultra Balm Tissue"

published 05/02/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro soft, smooth, cheap
Cons no fragrance

"Springforce For Winter Colds!"

It's the winter runny nose season again and this means that I need to keep tissues handy both at home and at work. My husband is prone to colds and my nose seems to run as soon as it gets slightly cold. My favourite type of tissues are the ones that contain balm as if you are wiping your nose a lot it is very easy for the delicate skin around your nose to become red and sore. The only downside to these types of tissues is that they tend to be rather expensive. So, on a recent trip to Tesco I found the Springforce ultra balm tissues at a great price and thought they were worth a try.

The tissues can be purchased in Tesco and come in a box contain 90 x 3 ply tissues and are currently priced at just £0.99. I think this is rather good value for this type of tissue as some brands can be over double this price.

The tissues come in a rectangular cardboard box which is very vibrantly patterned with large bright coloured flowers. On the top of the box is a perforated edged oval section of card which can be removed to allow you to access the tissues. This works very well as it allows you to remove one tissue at a time whilst leaving the rest in the box with the next tissue in the pile pulling up slightly for the next time you need one. On the box it states that the tissues contain vitamin E and Aloe Vera, this is to help keep your skin protected when using the tissues.

I was surprised that even for a discount brand that the tissues were quite thick, soft and smooth to touch. Each tissue is also a fairly good size and is a nice bright white colour and can be folded in half along the slight crease in the middle of the tissue if required. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that there was no fragrance to the tissue, in fact they do not really smell of anything. But they do work quite well, they are not the best balm tissues I have used but I think it does make a difference as I have not had a really sore nose whilst using these. The tissues are also quite strong and have worked well even with my husband's heavy colds that he gets. I have also used them to wipe up small spills and they have been able to absorb liquid without tearing and breaking up.

Overall I think these tissues are good value and do a pretty good job. I would not say that they are the best ones on the market but for everyday use or to tackle the worst of a cold they do a rather good job.