Review of "Spring Force Ultra Balm Tissues"

published 06/05/2012 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Strong tissues which absorb well.
Cons None.
Compatibility with Makeup

"Worth the price."

I tend to buy all different brands when it comes to tissues, I don’t have a favourite. I tend to buy the cheapest ones or ones that are on special offer but I don’t often find any on offer and so just opt for ones I haven’t bought before or ones that I like quite a lot. This one is my latest purchase.

These tissues come in an oblong shaped cardboard box with an oblong perforated strip that can easily be just pressed from the box. The box pretty and has bright colours with a flower design. An attractive box in my opinion with is very pretty. It also does look nice on a dresser or any surface you may keep a box of tissues.

The tissues are nicely stacked inside the box and neatly folded. They are easy to take out of the box via the hole at the top and by just pulling each one. They do not tear when pulling them because they are a nice quality and quite strong tissues. With some other brands they tend to stick inside the box and I have to keep on tugging them to release, but not with these tissues.

I was quite surprised that they were a square shape, with the box being rectangle shape I just thought the tissues would be the same shape. They are white in colour with a pattern along 2 sides of the tissue, just like little holes but they look quite nice. They are approximately 8 inches square. A really good size for the price of being just 99p. The box contains 90 tissues which are a 3 ply tissue strength, which is a good strength and are quite thick . I have held the sides of these tissues and tugged them to see how strong they actually are and when I have tugged them, they haven’t torn, so that shows how strong they are in my opinion. I didn’t tug too hard but did tug quite hard and they amazed me how strong they are. I find they have a nice soft, smooth texture and are much softer than some other cheap brands I have bought. I think for the price these are amazingly good value for money.

They are enriched with vitamin E and Aloe Vera to help care for the skin and to protect it. I must say I do find these tissues do have a kind of feel to them that feel like they have a added ingredient that is protective. It is hard to describe how they feel but best way I can describe it is that they feel like they have a barrier ingredient. But they feel just as soft as some of the well known brands but with a slightly different feel.

I used these tissue for wiping my little grandchildren’s runny noses, they are soft on their more delicate skin. They do not make their skin under their noses sore, they just feel so soft on their skin and I am happy with the way they make my grandchildren happy not having a sore nose from wiping. They haven’t irritated their skin or left them with any rashes from the wiping. I have used them for wiping their hands sometimes when I haven’t been near my baby wipes and just reached for a tissue. We all need to reach for a tissue at some time or other and these are ideal for those occasions. They feel smooth and glide over the skin really well.

I recently used these because I had a little bit of a cold, they work a treat to use more often than just the occasional wipe. Used regularly for most of the day for colds and flu, I think they are ideal. They haven’t caused my nose to feel sore or become red. I think for the price these would be ideal for all the family to use for colds etc.

I love these tissues, I have found them to be well worth the money, I highly recommend them because they are so affordable and for the amount in the box, they do last for a long time, especially if used just occasionally as I normally use my tissues.

I bought these from Tesco’s, I am not sure if they are available to buy elsewhere but I cannot say I have spotted them in other shops but I could be wrong but I have only seen them in Tesco’s.

I think these are amazingly good value for money and I will definitely buy them again in the future because they give me the results that I expect from a cheaper brand of tissues.

I give these 5 stars.

Thank you for reading my review and I hope it has been of some help.