Review of "Sprite"

published 29/01/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Images no longer uploading to Ciao, along with a whole host of other problems during the migration of servers.
Pro Great taste, caffeine free.
Cons High sugar content, can make you feel tired after the initial high.
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Sprite"

At work I usually end up drinking a number of fizzy drinks. Whether it be from the dispenser in the canteen or the vending machines. Sprite is one of the drinks on offer and I usually drink a couple of cans a week. Fizzy drinks give an instant bust of energy, but ultimately result in you feeling tired as the sugar rush wears off. Sometimes though I feel there is nothing more refreshing than a carbonated sugary drink to quench my thirst.

Although all fizzy drinks have a high sugar content and it is expected of such product's I feel it is best to give the nutritional information. I wouldn't recommend too many fizzy drinks for young children - I am sure dentists and health experts would agree with me. Saying this, it is caffeine free which is a bonus over some soft drinks.

Ingredients of Sprite; Carbonated water, sugar, citric acid, acidity regulator (E331), flavourings, preservative (E211). (Caffeine free).

Nutritional Information;
Calories 65Kcal
Sugars 15.9g
Fat 0.0g
Saturates 0.0g
Salt 0.0g

Sprite, along with most other fizzy drinks, comes in a number of different sized cans/bottles. I usually buy the individual 330ml cans from the vending machine for 50pence. Sprite also comes in larger 500ml bottles (£1.08 or 2 for £1.80) and multipacks of cans, along with the 2litre bottles. I am sure to have missed something out, but this covers most bases.

The 330ml can is always chilled when I buy it, which is the best way to enjoy a fizzy drink. The distinct green can is emblazoned with the Sprite branding. Sprite is a product from the Coca Cola range and stands up well from my experience to the other Coca Cola drinks.

Sprite is sold as a lemon and lime flavoured soft drink. I love the refreshing taste of this drink, but I wouldn't say I can easily distinguish the individual flavours. Sprite is quite similar to 7-UP, although when I were younger I didn't like either drink. Now my tastes have changed I like 7-UP but I much prefer Sprite.