Review of "Sprite"

published 29/01/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Reviews : 2096
Pro Great taste, caffeine free.
Cons High sugar content, can make you feel tired after the initial high.
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Sprite"

At work I usually end up drinking a number of fizzy drinks. Whether it be from the dispenser in the canteen or the vending machines. Sprite is one of the drinks on offer and I usually drink a couple of cans a week. Fizzy drinks give an instant bust of energy, but ultimately result in you feeling tired as the sugar rush wears off. Sometimes though I feel there is nothing more refreshing than a carbonated sugary drink to quench my thirst.

Although all fizzy drinks have a high sugar content and it is expected of such product's I feel it is best to give the nutritional information. I wouldn't recommend too many fizzy drinks for young children - I am sure dentists and health experts would agree with me. Saying this, it is caffeine free which is a bonus over some soft drinks.

Ingredients of Sprite; Carbonated water, sugar, citric acid, acidity regulator (E331), flavourings, preservative (E211). (Caffeine free).

Nutritional Information;
Calories 65Kcal
Sugars 15.9g
Fat 0.0g
Saturates 0.0g
Salt 0.0g

Sprite, along with most other fizzy drinks, comes in a number of different sized cans/bottles. I usually buy the individual 330ml cans from the vending machine for 50pence. Sprite also comes in larger 500ml bottles (£1.08 or 2 for £1.80) and multipacks of cans, along with the 2litre bottles. I am sure to have missed something out, but this covers most bases.

The 330ml can is always chilled when I buy it, which is the best way to enjoy a fizzy drink. The distinct green can is emblazoned with the Sprite branding. Sprite is a product from the Coca Cola range and stands up well from my experience to the other Coca Cola drinks.

Sprite is sold as a lemon and lime flavoured soft drink. I love the refreshing taste of this drink, but I wouldn't say I can easily distinguish the individual flavours. Sprite is quite similar to 7-UP, although when I were younger I didn't like either drink. Now my tastes have changed I like 7-UP but I much prefer Sprite.