StarTech.com Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Cable - display cable - 13.7 m

StarTech.com Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Cable - display cable - 13.7 m

Review of "StarTech.com Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Cable - display cable - 13.7 m"

published 11/01/2012 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro good quality
Cons none
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Perfect picture quality"

I bought this lead in order to hook my lap top up to my television. It worked really well, except now I need to buy an audio cable too! This was my mistake though and I am really pleased with the quality of the images on the screen. I would definitely recommend the Startech VGA cable and think that the price is relatively cheap compared to some of the other High resolution VGA cables on the market.

Price and availability

I bought the lead from Tesco which shows just how widely available this lead is. You can buy it from Amazon.co.uk and it is priced at around £19 pounds.

Description

Without going into the depths of what this cable looks like, I will describe it briefly.

The cable is 6 feet long and is thick and good quality. The ends of the cable both have male 15 pins. These are the bog standard fitting and are again of good quality. To use the cable all you have to do is plug it in! I find the lead is long enough for what I want it for and slots neatly into the gaps, making sure it does not lose connection.

My experiences

I find the cable extremely good quality, it is thick and looks just as good as the other expensive leads on the market but at a third of the price! The lead is a coaxial cable which offers a much improved picture quality compared with non-coaxial leads. Images are bright with crisp lines and there is no ghosting. None of the images are fuzzy or blurred and I was definitely impressed with the quality. I like to stream movies and tv shows directly from the internet and want to watch them on my television. This lead allows me to do this without interfering in the quality. I think I was misled in thinking that I did not lead an audio cable to accompany the lead, however these can be bought just as easily as the VGA cable so it is really not a problem.

I would definitely recommend anyone who needs a cable of this nature to buy this one. The lead is really long so you do not need to have the computer too close to the television; you have the freedom move things!

For this price you cannot go wrong with this product at all. I would highly recommend it.

Product Information : StarTech.com Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Cable - display cable - 13.7 m

This 45-foot High Resolution VGA Monitor Cable is designed to provide the highest video quality possible through VGA. Ideally suited for high resolution VGA applications, this high quality male-to-male coaxial VGA cable eliminates the picture "ghosting" and fuzzy images that are inherent to non-coaxial cables, while providing superior EMI interference protection by using ferrite cores near the connector ends.

Product Description: StarTech.com Coax High Resolution Monitor VGA Cable - display cable - 13.7 m

Type: Display cable