Stema II, Sidari

Stema II, Sidari

Review of "Stema II, Sidari"

published 01/09/2016 | Pmshack99
Member since : 01/04/2002
Reluctantly 36. Unnaturally blonde. Funny-ish. Potty-mouthed. No internal filter. Former cynic. Barely used. Not for resale. Blood type: cava.
Pro cheap but great quality, nice pool and bar area, lovely staff, conveniently located
Cons none
Quality of Rooms
Standard of Service
Quality of Food & Drink
Cleanliness

"A SIDARI GOOD TIME!"

Ever since me and the fella started going to Corfu in 2014, we've kept going back every May. We always love the places we stay there but they always seem to be up in price the following year and we have to choose somewhere else. We always have been lucky enough to end up with a wee gem though and Stema II was no exception to this rule!

We absolutely loved it. We got an amazing deal on it because we were flying on Friday 13th - we hadn't been aware this was actually a known phenomenom but apparently because it's a superstitious day and people don't want to fly then, the prices are much lower! (I don't like flying anyway, so the date didn't really bother me.) It cost us around 240 pounds each which is definitely a brilliant dea! Although the low price was the main factor for us, the pictures and reviews of Stemma looked so good we weren't worried at all that we would be short-changed.

From the second we arrived and were personally greeted by Paula straight off the transfer coach (where we immediately bonded over our shared first name, before we were all taken personally to our apartments) we knew we had made the right decision. She and everyone else in the apartments were so friendly and the apartments were spacious and comfortable.

The pool area looked and was amazing, there was never an issue getting a sun lounger although it was relatively quiet due to it being so early in the season. However, some places I have stayed in the past I've had difficulty getting a lounger actually in the sunshine for the full day - this wasn't a problem here! The loungers were all in the sunshine all day long, and we didn't feel too cramped or crammed in. (Although there were two women who seemed to have lounger envy and would take the loungers we had been in the previous day, only to take a shine to our alternatives the next day . . . that was pretty frustrating so we just started getting up earlier than they did so they couldn't annoy us with that anymore.

The pool bar was very reasonably priced, the white wine was lovely and generously poured, and the food was delicious and in massive portion sizes. My boyfriend was obsessed with the greek omelettes and had one every day. (Actually, I'm sure Paula was going to provide him with her secret of making them so delicious??? He still talks about them even now) There was to be a Greek night during the week which we did sign up for - sadly it had to be cancelled at the last minute as there weren't enough people but I imagine when the apartments are fuller it would be a great night! There was a pool table, which didn't take money but rather took little tokens . . . if we asked to use the table we were just handed some tokens, so it was free to use, which was also good! It was nice to be able to nip in for a break from the sunshine and play a wee game of pool or two.

Unlike the last place we stayed in Corfu, our apartment did have kitchen facilities - we didn't use them other than to store wine and juice in the refrigerator but it's nice to have the option. The apartment last year didn't even have a kettle, which is something fairly basic to me that most places should have!

The apartments are really handy for the main strip in Sidari and the beach, a five minute walk from the beach tavernas, but remote enough that you aren't disturbed at night by any other noise. There are a number of small shops in the area too where you can stock up on food and drink for your apartment, all reasonably priced also!

We've never had a bad experience in Corfu but this has been by far our best and both me and the boyfriend have already agreed we'll be returning to Stemma sooner rather than later. We felt quite emotional when we left after our lovely week there with such a nice goodbye from everyone, getting a hug from Paula and the other members of staff. Hopefully will see this lovely place again very soon and I could not recommend it more highly!

***We booked the hotel as a package holiday through Thomson - I'm sure you can book it more directly though if you have a look into it. Possibly get a better deal too!***

(PS - I will add some pictures to the review once it has been accepted and published.)

• euphie published 08/09/2016