Stihl MS 260

Stihl MS 260

Powered Chain Saws - Petrol - Capacity: 50 cc - Sword Length: 40 cm, 37 cm, 45 cm

Review of "Stihl MS 260"

published 08/04/2009 | modifyed
Member since : 08/04/2009
Pro Beauty Queen, Sharpest lookin saw on the shelf, Never gets dirty
Cons Everything else besides advantages
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"Stihl 260 MS is as effective as a Tuba on a hunting trip."

All I need to say is Husqvarna 246..... Enough said. Why settle for 3rd or 4th best when you can own the king. When you go into the woods where the real timber is being worked its either Husqvarna or Jonsered. Stihl 260`s are kinda like my wife, both are pretty but who needs them around when I`m limbing trees. My uncle has a MS260. I must be a real sucker because when it is time to cut his annual supply of firewood it is either my Husky 246 or my Husky 268 that is doing all of the cutting. The power to weight ratio is nothing compaired to the Husky`s. The MS 260 is also the most finicky when it comes to fuel. If the mix is not exact and perfect the saw has no power. Keep a wire brush on you if you plan on buying a 260... the plug fouls very easily. Work 2 hrs with a 260 clean the air filter..... I guess Stihl never heard of air injection. I have to say the Stihl is the safest saw in our family, no one ever uses it so no one will ever get hurt with it.

• TheHairyGodmother published 25/02/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review to make it helpful from the point of view of a consumer looking at making a purchase. If you update please leave a message in my guestbook and I will return to re-rate.
  • lml888v published 08/04/2009
    Welcome. A bit brief, but quite handy.