Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein

Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein

This extended edition restores the passages the author was forced to cut when the book was first published 28 years ago.

Review of "Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein"

published 10/03/2001 | Greebo22
Member since : 10/03/2001
Pro makes you think about who and what we are as a species
Cons a bit dated in places...but not to many
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"I Grok in fullness"

I bet the title of this review got you guessing...unless you've read the book. To grok in fullness is to understand fully, so fully that the true meaning can't be expressed in any human tongue only in martian. Don't worry you don't need to learn martian to read this book...just as well you couldn't pronounce any of the words anyway.
This book does make you think a lot about the society we as modern homo sapiens live in and the possibility of how we have developed as a species along with mans inhumanity to man.....but more worringly how our inhumanity could be percieved by an extraterrestrial race powerful enough to wipe us out with an eyeblink.
the other major cornerstones of this book are an alternative twist on spirituality and like many of heinleins book an slightly different view on familial relations.

• redridinghood published 10/03/2001
    Sorry I could only give this a FH, but I don't understand! This is listed under fiction but you don't tell us if there is a story or not. Just by reading your op I would assume that this was some kind of intellectual take on alien life forms.

Product Information : Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein

Type: Fiction

Genre: Science Fiction

Title: Stranger in a Strange Land

Author: Robert A. Heinlein

ISBN: 0340837950; 034093834X; 039910772X; 0441788386; 0450004031; 0450016900; 0450050777; 045054267X; 0450547426

Listed on Ciao since: 04/08/2000