StrawberryNET.com

published 14/07/2004 | CarolineXen
Member since : 19/01/2003
Pro Great prices, excellent customer service & delivery
Cons Huge selection of brands - but not all products

"Read policy on Shipping Charges - can get refund."

Wow, I cannot rate this site enough. Personally I do not buy that much makeup/cosmetics for myself, but I enjoy surfing the net for bargains for friends and neighbours.

Well, my neighbour love Guinot products - although I had never heard of them before. They are very expensive and after extensive research for her, I came across several items on Strawberry.net. She was amazed at the prices and asked me to order some immediately! I warned her there may be shipping charges/duty payable, but since it was FREE postage & packing (from Hong Kong) she decided to go ahead. I checked out their policy page and apparently they offer to help out with extra charges "on a goodwill only basis".

Well, the goods duly arrived and my neighbour was charged £22 duty. I duly sent Strawberry an email checking out their goodwill policy on customs charges and received a lovely email back from them, apologising, and asking me to send the customs invoice to them by post or fax and they would credit my card with the £22!

I call that excellent customer services - if you can spend the time checking out the policies on these sites, its surprising what you can find!

My friend bought over £100 worth (this may have influenced their goodwill decision, but worth a try with smaller purchases) and said she had saved £40 on buying the same items in town.

They have a good selection of products (not always the ones you want, but hey, you can't have everything - AND what you save on the products they do have, you can use to buy the ones you want from other sources?)

So to summarise - excellent customer services, plus Free Delivery, wide range of brand names - what more could you ask for?

Highly recommended site - happy shopping!

• MAFARRIMOND published 15/07/2004
    I will check them out. Maureen
  • Linzee published 14/07/2004
    I've heard of this site but never actually shopped there yet! that was really good of them to refund the charge. Linz x
  • chinesa11 published 14/07/2004
    SOunds good. I would like to know more about the site though, like what they sell, how long it takes for purchases arrive, etc. xx R