Stray New Zealand Backpacker Bus

Stray New Zealand Backpacker Bus

Review of "Stray New Zealand Backpacker Bus"

published 19/04/2010 | Nush29
Member since : 16/04/2010
Pro Fun way to see the sights and meet people
Cons Having too many hangovers from all the nights out - but you can just sleep on the bus
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Stray Bus New Zealand"

There are 3 main types of hop-on hop-off buses for backpackers in New Zealand. The Kiwi Experience, which is aimed at 18 year olds who are away from home for the first time, the Magic Bus that is not that well known, and the Stray Bus. The average age of Stray passengers is 27. I was 28 when I went backpacking around NZ and spent 2 months touring both the North and South Islands.

Now by no means is the Stray bus boring or for ‘oldies’. The ages ranged from 18 – late 30’s, and everyone from all ages got on famously. The bus tours both Islands sticking to an itinery, but passengers are able to hop off and stay in a place for as long as they like, then book online for a seat on the next regular timetabled bus. The Kiwi drivers were fantastic, they were full of hilarious stories and anecdotes, they got us playing games on the long journeys, they sorted out our optional activities on the bus, passing round a sheet so we could book activities such as bungy jumping or skydiving, they sorted out our accommodation for the night, so we would just rock up somewhere and put our head down for the night. They organised group nights out in town, karaoke nights and all sorts, but there was no pressure to get involved in anything that wasn’t your cup of tea, you could just go and chill on your own if preferred.

The passengers I met are what made my trip. I made some life long friends on there, from all over the globe, and I view the Stray trip as the best, most fun and entertaining part of my 12 months travelling break. The friends and memories I made will last forever. The bus also took us off the beaten track into remote, beautiful places that the other tourist buses didn’t go to, and we got to see the most breathtaking NZ landscape, meet the amazing local people and stay overnight with the Maoris watching and participating local customs, food and dancing.

If you go to NZ, I highly recommend travelling on the Stray bus with the crazy Kiwi drivers. It will give you the best memories of your life!!!

Product Information : Stray New Zealand Backpacker Bus