Streamfoods Fruit Bowl Fruit Flakes

Streamfoods Fruit Bowl Fruit Flakes

Review of "Streamfoods Fruit Bowl Fruit Flakes"

published 25/04/2007 | mummy2harry
Member since : 12/04/2007
YAY I am finally silver! Wooo! Like books? Check out http://chicklitchloe.blogspot.com...
Pro Fruity, full of flavour, great snack
Cons None!
Smell
Product Quality

"Yummy fruity flakes"

I found these flakes after browsing the baby snacks department of my local Boots stores when I was looking for a new interesting snack for my 12 month old son. I was very impressed, and so here goes my review of Fruit Flakes made by Streamfoods.

*Packaging*
The flakes come in little foil packets, weighing 20g each. All flavours are silver with appropriate colouring for the fruit inside the packet. I also found my son couldn't tear these which was good as he couldn't split the packet and spill them everywhere!*Flakes*
The flakes are 3-5mm in diameter, and are coloured according to the fruit they are made of. They also have a light dusting of something on them, so they don't stick together, but this doesn't have any impact at all on the flavour of the flakes.
  • Flavour*
    I have found that all the flavours actually claim to taste of what they are unlike other fruit products I have tried for my son. These flakes come in the following flavours:
  • ORANGE
  • TROPICAL
  • APPLE & BLACKCURRANT
  • STRAWBERRY
  • RASPBERRY
    My sons personal faves are tropical and strawberry but I have tried them all and they are all lovely!

*Ingredients*
All the flavours contain concentrated fruit purees, but these depend on the flavour of the flakes. Also in the flakes are fructose-glucose syrup, sugar, gluten free wheat fibre, vegetable fat, gelling agents, natural colouring and natural flavouring.*Pricing*
I currently pay around 39p for a packet in Boots, but I have seen them for about 35p in supermarkets.

*Other Varieties*
These also come in yoghurt coated fruit clakes, but I think these are for older children since they are hard on the outside and a lot larger than the fruit flakes.

*Nutritional Claims*
The flakes are made with real fruit, and have natural colour and flavour. They are also worth 3 times their weight in fruit, are low fat and high energy foods! Also are suitable for vegetarians.

My son loves these, and so do I! They are a great cheap snack, and best of all nice and tasty.

Hope you found my review helpful!

Chloe xx

• justarube published 03/05/2017
    VH
  • just.bcoz published 09/03/2008
    Great Review!!!
  • HotBabes published 27/04/2007
    My teenager still loves these flakes. x