randy_edi... 5

randy_edith

About me: Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see

Member since:25.09.2011

Lovely and warming

30.03.2012

Advantages:
These work well and taste nice

Disadvantages:
None

Side effects

Price

Effectiveness

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Tangled07
  2. dreamer87
  3. thedevilinme
  1. KateHurst
  2. catsholiday
  3. kiss_me2070

I like the lovely warm lozenges you can get from Strepsils. It’s been a while since I have seen them in my Chemist but they are lovely. They cost me only £2.99 and there are 24 lozenges in a cardboard box and they are in a blister pack. They are rounded and a deep plum colour and they taste lovely and they really do help me if I have a nasty sore throat and even a ticklish cough. I think I like these better even than the cherry ones I also buy.

They are a very soothing lozenge and I can feel it working almost as soon as I start to suck on it. They have an antiseptic which helps to heal my sore throat very quickly and I have also recommended these to a good friend of mine at the Church.

They contain 4-Dichlorobenzyl alcohol and Amylmetacresol which I think are the antiseptic ingredients. They are not too hot and a nice pleasant taste as you suck but you can really feel that they are warming and doing your throat some good and the effects also last for a long time after you have finished the lozenge.

The box says the active ingredients are :

The active ingredients are Amylmetacresol 0.6 mg and 2,4-Dichlorobenzyl alcohol 1.2mg. The other ingredients are Anthocyanin (E163), Fruity Plum Flavour (contains Propylene Glycol), Soothing Cream Flavour (contains Glycerol and Propylene Glycol), Tartaric acid, Warm Sensation Flavour, Warm Ginger Spice Flavour, Medium chain triglycerides, Sucrose, Glucose.

I am sure that when I taste these I can definitely taste ginger in them and I am a big fan of ginger and I think that is why I like these so much and I think ginger always does my throat some good.

These certainly do help with nasty sore throats and winter colds and I recommend them to you.

Pictures of Strepsils Warm Lozenges