Stugeron 15 Tablets

Stugeron 15 Tablets

Review of "Stugeron 15 Tablets"

published 27/08/2010 | K2705
Member since : 02/10/2009
Thank you for all the reads and rates, I will return all rates asap. I review a lot of Childrens products and toys, there will be a lot of Thomas the Tank Engines reviews.
Good
Pro Prevents travel sickness
Cons Causes drowsiness
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Stugeron 15"

I don't travel very well and always use wrist bands when I do. But last month my fiancé and I went on a trip to London on a coach with some friends. We were running late and to my horror we got to the coach stop and I realised I hadn't got my wrist bands with me!! I popped into a small chemist nearby and they didn't have wristbands in so I grabbed a pack of Stugeron 15 at their recommendation. I had to have something.

Stugeron 15 are travel sickness tablets that contain 15mg of active ingredient Cinnarizine per tablet. They cost me £2.75 for a pack of 15.

The pack
They come in a small box which is blue and white and has Stugeron 15 written in large white letters along the top. The front of the box shows pictures of a plane, car and boat. The box also states that Stugeron are " effective prevention of travel sickness"
The dosage is on the back of the box

Adults and children over 12 should take 2 tablets
Children ages 5 - 12 need 1 tablet
Then its another dose every 8 hours.

Ideally these should be taken 2 hours before travelling. There is also a warning on the back of the box that they may cause drowsiness. May??? I knew from previous experience of different travel tablets that they do cause drowsiness in me but I had to have something and thought as we were with friends having a laugh and chat I would be ok.
The pack has a leaflet in it with more detailed information about the tablets.

The tablets
The actual tablets come on a strip of 15. They are small round and white. They push out very easily without crumbling. They are not coated but still slip down easily and leave no after taste.

Do they work?
The answer is yes they do! Although I didn't take mine 2 hours before travelling they did still work. I travelled to London and home again perfectly fine with out feeling sick at all.
However, they did make me feel incredibly drowsy. After about half an hour I could feel my eyelids getting very heavy and despite my friends best efforts to stop me, I spent most of the journey dozing. In fact taking the Stugeron kind of ruined my whole trip. Even when we got there I still felt sluggish and tired most of the time.

While we were there I found myself a Boots and bought some more wristbands and gave the Stugeron to another passenger on the coach.

I cant say I would recommend Stugeron despite them working perfectly well. They really made me so sleepy and I couldn't shake it off. I'm sure there are some that can take these without this side effect but I am definatly not one of them.

Of course before taking any sort of tablet you need to check with your doctor if you are on any medication.

Summary: Stick to wrist bands

• paulpry118 published 28/08/2010
    Not something I would ever need
  • reddragonflame87 published 27/08/2010
    Very good review, I might pick these up when I fly next (the drowsiness would be a bonus!). Now, my travel sickness has never been particularly dehabilitating, more of a hefty annoyance, so forgive my ignorance, but... wrist bands? Don't suppose you could go into a tad more detail on that? Sounds interesting!
  • karimkha published 27/08/2010