Stugeron 15 Tablets

Stugeron 15 Tablets

Review of "Stugeron 15 Tablets"

published 02/12/2010 | laura2310
Member since : 22/11/2004
Pro Really work!
Cons Have to take it at a certain time.
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Driving home for Christmas..."

I have always bought Traveleeze travel sickness tablets as they are the only brand that I've found that young children can take; as my son is now six, I don't have to worry about this as much and can buy other brands when Traveleeze aren't available.

Stugeron 15 is the brand that my mother usually goes for so I was happy to try them and was confident that they would work.

Stugeron 15 come in packs of 15 and cost around £2.79. I did wonder if the '15' was the number of tablets, although reading the box, I am informed that they contain 15 mg of Cinnarizine (which is a more likely explanation!). I should probably mention that they also contain Lactose Monohydrate and Sucrose.

You should take them as follows:

Adults, and children 12 and over - 2 tablets, two hours before travelling. One further tablet every eight hours as required.
Children aged 5-12 years - one tablet, two hours before travelling. Half a tablet every eight hours as required.

I believe that this is pretty standard for travel sickness tablets, although this does limit you in their use; my usual brand can be taken anytime from the night before, right up until you leave, which is great for people like me who can be forgetful (especially when rushing around trying to pack for a holiday!).

I have used them twice so far, once exactly two hours before (I set myself an alarm to remember!), and once an hour before travel. I can't say that I noticed a difference between them and they were no less effective when taking them late.

My first trip was around two hours, and my second was almost three (both by car). I felt absolutely fine throughout, this is something that wouldn't be possible without the aid of tablets such as these so I can confidently say that they do what they are supposed to do.

Stugeron 15 are a little cheaper than my usual brand, and work just as well so I am happy to have them on hand for when travelling. I wouldn't buy them exclusively though as I don't like the fact that you are tied down by taking them at a set time, however flexible this time may be.... 4 stars.

• catsholiday published 02/12/2010
    I have never heard of this brand
  • Novabug published 02/12/2010
    Don't suffer from travel sickness either...Well reviewed. :)
  • dynamicnurse published 02/12/2010
    Thankfully I never have to use these!