Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX

Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX

Subaru present the Impreza 2.0 WRX AWD 4dr Saloon with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX"

published 29/03/2004 | yorkshirelad85
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Preceded by the name"

SUBARU IMPREZA, say that to most teenage boys and they will drool longingly for they wish they could have one even near to them. I am lucky my father bought his about 2 years ago and we both have not tired of it yet. All i have to say to my friends is Impreza and they go and hide, crying for the day they can get one.

This however can be a down side as Impreza often goes before who is driving it, yes you can go quick, ludicrously quick if you want too but it really is more of a car than that. The boot is enormous we used to have a Range rover and the scoobies boot is bigger than that!Helpful as my dad is one of them sad old men who enjoy the most boring of persuits, fishing, as it swallows his kit (and thats no mean feat). However being a sad old man fishing all over the country who drives to all corners on business as well it would be handy if we had a refinery in our back garden as the car drinks like a fish.

For all those amateur rally enthusiasts i recommend 2 things- buy an impreza and move to North Yorkshire. Barreling round country lanes has never appealed to me but my god its fun( always have consideration for other road users in their pathetic nissan micras and so on).

The number of things that has gone wrong in the 2 years it has been in our possession can be counted on a lepers hand not one thing has blotted its stay.

Inside the bucket-esque seats hold on to you, even if like me, my brother and father are over 6’ 3” and nigh on 16 stone .It can be a little rough- Sports suspension for you, so I wouldn’t recommend a nice leisurely trot out with granny and tiddles in tow.

Nothing inside rattles when it shouldn’t or moves where it shouldn’t, the lay out is spot on with all the knobs and buttons squarely where they should be and none have malfunctioned or come loose to this day.
Electric windows are solid and trustworthy as is everything about this car. Muliti cd changer and multi station radio although the aerial has to be extended by hand.

The back seats are just as comfy and even though I am 6’+ I can still comfortably fit with my bigger brother in front.

In motion it is a thing of beauty darting round corners and flying if pushed, acceleration can be absolutely neck braking at times but this is nicely counteracted by lovely headrests that cradle your aching head pole.

Outside whilst running the faint purr of the engine is so distinctive you can tell an impreza from any other car on the road.

Inside whilst driving the purr can barely be heard but push towards the turbo mark and it does become noticeable as does the very high-pitched turbo charger. But seeing as this is my dads car this is all negated by the soulfull sounds of Simply Red or The Lighthouse Family, quite appropriate really you are ‘Lifted’ by this motor.

• fairenoughclough published 06/01/2005
    Sounds like uou like this beast
  • gaz_close published 22/04/2004
    they are class cars, my mate had one, got it chipped, he ripped everything he raced, lovely job, they are great quality cars as well as ridiculously quick. love the way you added plenty technical details about the car. gaz x
  • patriciat published 29/03/2004