Subway

Subway

Review of "Subway"

published 16/08/2013 | hopey123
Member since : 15/01/2013
I'm having rating issues at present, message me if I owe you a rating. Hi I like to review anything, usually toys, food & homeware items. I also post reviews on another site using same name. If you feel I haven't returned a rate please let me know.
Pro Tasty and filling
Cons Contain calories
Standard of Menu
Atmosphere
Standard of Service
Cleanliness

"I love a submarine"

This is the type of subway I like, not the sort you have that involves a tube train.
Subway was originally called Pete's submarine sandwich shop invented by an American in 1965, How happy I bet he is now.
I only really discovered Subway about 5-6 years ago when they started appearing in most towns and cities around the area.
As soon as I entered one and sampled their wares I was totally hooked.
I'd call Subway the healthy option even though they probably do have plenty of calories, But compared to Mc Donalds and such I feel I'm being healthier. I really enjoy Subways and they fill me up for hours, once I've had the cookie that goes with the meal deal that is. I've found that 9 out of 10 times I have the meatball marinara on honey & oat bread with a little salad and south west sauce. I rarely venture to other subs. You get 4 meatballs along with some lovely thick sauce that they are cooked in.This sub is 506 calories, Doesn't sound too bad if you say it quickly.

When you enter Subway you are faced with many decisions, Firstly which bread would you like,
Hearty Italian
Italian,
Honey Oat,
Wheat,
Italian herb & cheese.

Your next decision is the size 6 inch or 1 foot long.

Breakfast subs are available until 11am in the morning.
sub of the day is £1.99 and changes daily as follows
Monday- Chicken Tikka
Tuesday- Meatball marinara
Wednesday-Turkey & ham
Thursday- BMT (Big meaty Tastes)
Friday-Tuna
Saturday-Ham
Sunday-Spicy Italian ( ohh my word)
Even if you like the Monday sub of the day you could still have it on a Thursday for example.
There are also the non sub of day Subs, selection of tuna, Steak & cheese,Ham, chicken teryaki, and many more.
The option to have cheese or extra cheese on your sub comes at this stage.
You can have your Sub toasted which you will be asked at this stage.

Once you have come this far in your decision making you then need to let them know which salad ingredients you would like. They are all nicely displayed in a cabinet and always look lovely and fresh when I've been there whatever the time of day.
They have Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, red onion, sweetcorn, carrot, peppers, olives and a few others too.
They also offer a variety of different sauces to top your sub off.
Southwest. Honey & mustard, Mayo, sweet onion, chilli, and Ranch.
If you are not having Sub of the day the prices range from £1.99 -£3.99.
It costs £1.30 to upgrade to the meal deal with a drink and cookie or crisps.

There you have you Subway. A final decision is whether to turn it into a meal deal which will include a bottled or dispensed drink and a cookie or packet of crisps. Well actually your final decision will probably be when to go again :-).

They do kids packs too which is a 4inch sub, Tropicana juice and cookie or crisps, My son likes these and they enjoy being able to choose what is going into their sub.
There also do salads and wraps in Subway but I can't give my opinion on them as never tried them.

You cant miss Subway shops as they have green backgrounds with sub way written half in white and half in yellow.
My local started to do deliveries in the local area for 50p charge.
Sometimes I find a queue of a few minutes before being served but several staff behind the counter serving the different stages makes it move quick. I tend to go just before or after the lunchtime rush.

Well you have my thoughts and views of what they are all about now you have to make up your own mind about them.

I have no problems with Subways apart from I can't park outside my local one. A filling sandwich and

You can also get a loyalty card in Subway and everytime you use it you build up points which can be exchanged for items in store.

• SweetTooth93 published 26/08/2013
    Subway is a stressful lunch...too many options
  • muppetbabe published 19/08/2013
    I wish they had a better veggie choice.
  • Gingerkitty published 17/08/2013
    I struggle with all the questions they ask you at Subway!

Product Information : Subway