Review of "Sukin Facial Moisturiser"

published 24/10/2015 | SnowSurprise
Member since : 29/09/2015
£6.50!! Thank you!!! You are all awesome!
Satisfactory
Pro It's cheap and works as a body moisturiser
Cons Caused huge break outs for me and a rash reaction for my mum
How easily is it absorbed?

"Fails as a Face Moisturiser"

Sukin Facial Moisturiser

Sukin Facial Moisturiser

Sukin Facial Moisturiser was bought by my mum for my mum, but her skin really didn’t agree with it so she gave it to me to use. I don’t usually use face moisturisers because my skin is more greasy than dry and doesn’t normally need any additional help in that area. The Lush Face masks that I use both cleanse and moisturise, the cleansers that I use help to keep it in balance. But I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth and so I gratefully accepted the gift. I quickly found out that this was also not a product for me either though.
Pros
  • It smells really quite nice although not as good as my more regular Karma body lotion in my personal opinion although others may disagree. It’s quite a strong oriental smell but it is really quite nice.
  • It absorbs quickly into the skin and it feels really very light on the skin when you apply it. It was only after several hours that I felt more greasy and cloggy than usual and after the second day of using it that I started to come out in spots and so stopped.
  • It does work well on my skin as a body moisturiser. This is not what it is meant for but my body seems to be able to cope with it much better than my face can. I use it on my legs and my arms and it leaves them soft and moisturised, not greasy and the scent lingers for several hours.
  • It’s remarkably cheap in comparison to other products. For 125ml you will pay between £7.70 and £8.20 online. I don’t know where my mum got it but it’s much cheaper than the alternative Lush facial moisturisers.
  • The brand is another brand that are committed to using natural ingredients, being cruelty free and being environmentally conscious in everything they do. If this product had worked as well as I find Lush products do I would be interested in looking at more of their products.
Cons
  • This is not a product suitable for acne and spot prone skin which gets greasy and clogged easily. It is therefore not a product I would recommend for the average teenager. This caused me to have a huge spot break out and made me really very uncomfortable.
  • It didn’t suit my mum either and she is middle aged. She found it brought her out in a bumpy rash that wasn’t painful but was uncomfortable and unsightly. She stopped using it and then tried again in a week or so and found the same problem. I tested a bit on my hand and behind my ear first to make sure it wouldn’t do the same to me and it didn’t but I had other problems.
Why Buy
  • If you don’t have sensitive, spot prone or greasy skin then this is a really reasonably priced moisturiser from a company with a similar ethical outlook to Lush’s. The problem is that I have spot prone skin and my mum has sensitive skin and this caused us both to have problems although a different set of problems. I think you should try it before you buy it.
  • There is a huge price difference to Lush facial moisturisers which seem to range from £28 for 75g of Magical Moringa to £8.25 for 20g of Full of Grace or the really expensive £42.50 for 45g of Gorgeous. 125ml for £8 is a huge difference.
S’No Surprise

That I cannot recommend this product. I think this is a pity because Sukin’s ethics make them stand out and I’d be willing to shop with them had I been impressed. Unfortunately this moisturiser broke me out in spots really quickly and caused a reaction on my mums skin. That’s two out of the two females left in the household who can’t use this as a facial cream. Although I have found it makes a nice cheap leg and arm moisturiser!
They do a cleanser as well but personally I am going to stick to my Lush facial cleansers that I know works!

• StewwyB published 11/11/2015
    well reviewed
  • Pointress published 01/11/2015
    Topnotch
  • danielclark691 published 01/11/2015
    vh

offers "Sukin Facial Moisturiser"