Sunny Delight [TV Advertisement]

Sunny Delight [TV Advertisement]

Review of "Sunny Delight [TV Advertisement]"

published 18/04/2001 | Gardenex
Member since : 22/08/2000
Good
Pro contains vitamins
Cons full of artifical extras
Style
Clarity of message & brand identity
Quality of Concept

"The outlook is cloudy"

Sunny Delight is an orange fruit drink distributed by Procter & Gamble of the UK. It comes in various shades of orange . There is light Sunny Delight , Califoria Sunny Delight , Florida and original , and that is not to mention Carribean.
They are all variants of essentially the same orange drink product.

The drink normally retails in he big supermarkets at £1.25 for a 1.5litre size plastic carton . There are smaller 500ml sizes available but I think these are a rip off at 79p.
There is a tiny 250ml size too often sold in multi packs of six.
The 1.5 litre size is fairly priced and can often be bought much cheaper than that when it is on special offer.
For instance I paid 79p for the bigger size today due to Safeway doing a special offer.
If you buy it at such as Spar or Costcutter stores expect to pay around £1.49 for 1.5 litres.

I have tasted all the varients and I have to say they all taste false . Which of course they are . Sunny Delight is a artifical product enriched with vitamins A , B1 and B6 and C. You only have to look at the bright orange colour to see it is not a natural orange colour.
Having said that I didn't find the taste too bad at all . A little sweet for sure and it has plenty of nasties such as sweeteners but then again hasn't moat products of today ? Certainly if you are looking for pure orange juice which this does not claim to be then you wil be looking at paying out more cash.
This whole sector is a rip off I think . Certainly when judging value for money , although it is more healthy than many fizzy drinks.
A lot has been made of the sweetners Sunny D has . True . But again don't just pick on them what about other so called named drinks ?
It is a sad reflection on today's socety I'm afraid.

It is advisable to keep the product refrigerated even before opening and it will keep for around four days once opened.

The name irritates the hell out of me and I'm sure the product has had it's heyday - hence the title . I quite like the taste , but now for sure it is not as healthy as the adverts and press ads would have you believe.
It is over hyped , but there are plenty more harmful , worse tasting orange drinks out there.
The label says a 100ml drink will supply you with 15% of your RDA of Vitamin A , B and C

THe typical contents of a 1.5 litre bottle are;
Water , Fruit juice 10 % for the light Sunny Delight version . Although many of the other types only contain 5 % ,
The fruit juice in the light version is made up of Tangerine , Grapefruit , orange and Lime.

• eca99ajm published 22/04/2001
    I don't understand why anyone would want to drink that stuff. It's far too sweet for me. (All the stories about kids turning yellow was funny thou!)
  • lucybradly published 22/04/2001
    I can't stand this stuff, the name, the colour and the flavour, on top of this I am convinced it has never seen an orange!!!! Great op Lee. Lucy.
  • RobinLawrie published 19/04/2001
    Great op Lee,this product has had too much bad press now and one would think that everyone is avoiding it.....Robin

Product Information : Sunny Delight [TV Advertisement]