Cafe - Address: Bowleaze Coveway, Weymouth DT3 6RY

Review of "Sunset Coffee Bar, Weymouth"

published 10/08/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro good choice of food on menu, reasonably priced, lovely view, friendly staff
Cons can't remember if there are lifts but I imagine there are with it being in a fun park
Standard of Menu
Atmosphere
Standard of Service
Cleanliness

"A Lovely Cafe For A Bite To Eat."

About
= = =
During my week in Weymouth with my sister and nephews, we visited an area of Weymouth called Bowleaze Cove, which was about a 15mins bus journey from where we were staying. There is plenty of parking there, but we all decided to get the open top bus there instead. The sunset bar/café is located in Fantasy Island Fun Park, in Bowleaze Cove, and sits above the soft play area. There are stairs to get up to the bar/café. I didn’t personally notice a lift but I am sure there probably is one somewhere to enable disabled users and families with pushchairs to get to the café. As we were intending on spending a few hours at the amusement park, because my nephews wanted to go on quite a few of the rides, we decided to have something to eat here. Well, me and my dad decided to eat here, whilst my sister decided to take my nephew to the other café located a very short walk from the amusement park because it’s slightly cheaper and they were running low on money. My dad had eaten at the sunset bar/café before and said that it was very good last time, so me and my dad were more than happy eating here, so we arranged to meet my sister, her husband and my nephews a little later after eating.

= = = =
Interior
= = = =
The interior to the bar/café is nice and reasonably modern. There are various seating areas, some of which have large sofas for big groups of people and there are smaller tables suitable for two or parties of four people. There is a nice amount of space between the tables so that you don’t feel as though you are sitting on top of each other. The first thing I noticed was how clean and tidy the interior was. There were no dirty plates or glasses on any of the tables; although to be fair it was quite quiet when we visited here. There is a small balcony which overlooks the beach/sea and there are tables and chairs out here too; although they are only small tables suitable for two people. The tables have menu’s and a selection of condiments on. There is a kitchen to the left and the main till and small bar area where you pay is towards the back of the café. There is plenty of room in the café for families with children. I didn’t how-ever notice a lift so I am unsure whether this would be suitable for disabled users or for families with a push-chair.

Menu
= = =
Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of the menu and there is no menu available to view online. How-ever they do a good range of food here including sandwiches & panini’s, jacket potatoes and other hot meals such as cod and chips and other dishes. They also have a small selection of salads and kid’s meals as well. They also do breakfast and they have a carvery here on a Sunday as well. I think their food is very reasonably priced. My dad had a jacket potato with tuna mayo which comes with a small side salad. I had a tuna and cheese melt panini with comes with a small salad, pickles and potato crisps on the side. I didn’t order a drink but my dad had a coke. They do a range of soft drinks, hot beverages and also wines, beers and spirits here. My panini was priced at around £5.00 which I thought was reasonable and my Dad’s meal was a similar price as well.

= = = = =
The Food
= = = = =
There I no table service here so you have to go to the till and order your food and pay for it there and then. We didn’t have to wait that long for our food and the lady whom bought the plates to our table was very polite and asked if we wanted any sauces or anything else to go with our meals. She bought cutlery over with the plates as well. My panini looked delicious, it was served nicely on the plat with the salad on the side, along with a few small pickled onions and some potato crisps. My dad’s jacket potato looked nice as well. My panini was delicious, it was perfect, and I couldn’t fault it at all. There was a decent amount of tuna and cheese in the panini and it was toasted perfectly. The small side salad was nice and the potato crisps were a nice touch to go with the panini. I enjoyed every part of my meal. My dad also said his was good and he enjoyed his as well. Not long after finishing our meals, we left the café.

= =
Staff
= =
During our visit here, I only interacted with one member of staff whom was an older lady. She was dressed very smartly in black trousers and a black shirt and she was extremely polite and served me with a smile. I did notice another younger member of staff, and she also looked smart in black trousers and a black shirt.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
When we visited the café, it was after mid-day and it wasn’t very busy. There was probably only another 5 people in here and two of them left shortly after we sat down and had ordered our food. The café is very pleasant and it’s lovely that you can look out onto the beach. Despite us sitting inside, due to the large windows and opening doors, we still had a lovely view of the beach. The café was very clean and tidy. The restaurant was nice and bright and there are plenty of seating areas. Although they don’t have a huge menu I think they have a decent range of food on there from what I can remember and it’s all very reasonably priced. The food was great and I can’t fault it at all. It was presented nicely and everything tasted great. The service in here was very good and the lady whom I interacted with during our visit here was probably the politest person I met from my whole week in Weymouth. I imagine the café may get busier during different times of the year, particularly when they have offers for the amusement park where this café is located. I would definitely visit this café again and if you happen to be in Bowleaze Cove in Weymouth and fancy a bite to eat them I highly recommend this lovely café/bar.

Other Information
= = = = = = = =
Address: Bowleaze Coveway, Weymouth, DT3 6PW.

• justarube published 13/08/2017