Advantages Easy to use on the move, fits both bottles and jars, inexpensive
Disadvantages Takes quite a while to heat up a feed
|Ease of cleaning|
|Wear & Tear|
|Value for Money|
We bought one of these actually to heat baby food on the go, rather than to heat a bottle of milk. The heater has been designed to do either (judging from the instructions). We have asked at various cafes and restaurants for them to heat up a jar of baby food, but it rarely works because:- If they put it in the microwave, they only heat it very slightly because they don't want to be sued by parents too stupid to check the temperature before shoving the spoon into their offspring. So the first 3 spoonsful are OK and then it's too cold and your child won't eat it!
So, a better solution was needed! We had previously tried one of those bottle heaters with the gel pack that you activate by snapping a metal insert and then recharge by boiling it. We found this to be far too much of a faff, and ended up never using it because we'd forgotten to recharge it, so we thought this one would be easier.The Warm N Go heater is a fetching (not!) royal blue neoprene sleeve which has an element between the neoprene layer on the outside and a thin layer of material on the inside - the flexibility of the heating element means it heats evenly and you get fewer hotspots than if all the heat came from one place. It has an elastic loop which you can use to hang it from a cup-holder in your car but it's firm enough to stand up.
The heater is made of a slightly stretchy material so will fit pretty much any size of bottle and any jar of baby food as long as it's only the normal diameter (for example, a HIPP no. 4 size jar would just fit in it, a 1, 2 or 3 size jar would be absolutely fine, and the normal Tommy Tippee bottles are OK in it as well).On the up-side:
- It does work to heat food or water/milk and it has a temperature cut-off fuse so it allegedly can't overheat
- It fits any car cigarette lighter
- It can be wiped down
- It's very portable
- It's not expensive.
- It takes AGES to heat a jar of baby food, and even then you have to stir the food to get it evenly heated. You're talking 45 minutes for a small jar of food like a HIPP no. 2 jar (though that gets it pretty hot). It's much faster for water, or food with a high water content, of course
- Although the neoprene should theoretically keep the heat in even after you unplug it, the food/drink doesn't seem to stay hot for long after you unplug the heater
- The elastic loop is only useful if your car has a cup-holder close to the cigarette lighter - the electrical cord is really quite short
- Not sure about how robust it is - ours has stopped working after 6 months. However, we have still bought another one, as the original did get shoved into the change bag or glove compartment a lot, so it may be our fault!
Price: between £8 and £9
Available from: baby shops, on-line (including the ubiquitous eBay and Amazon)
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment
brand sunshine kids sub type bottle warmers powered by frooition pro shop search sunshine kids warm n go travel bottle warmer click here to view...
Car Bottle Warmer is perfect for baby food jars too! Travel Bottle warmer plugs in to any vehicle lighter Car Bottle warmer indicator light shows...
amazon marketplace baby
Availability: Usually dispatched within 1-2 business days