Superdrug Clarity Shine Control Papers

Superdrug Clarity Shine Control Papers

Review of "Superdrug Clarity Shine Control Papers"

published 30/08/2013 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro absorbs excess oil, easy to carry in a small bag, leaves a matt/powder finish, kind to skin
Cons nothing
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Absorb excess oil with these papers."

= = = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = = =
The product I am reviewing are Shine Control Papers and are Superdrug's own brand. These papers also known to some as blotting paper (although not all blotting paper is used for the face) help to absorb excess oil from the skin's surface leaving a light trace of translucent mattifying powder for an instantly fresh, shine-free finish. I actually went on the hunt for these types of papers after seeing that Boots own brand (17) have just recently bought out some of these papers out but in a bronzed version. You can't actually buy the papers separately and you actually get them free with a bronzing product from the 17 range. I didn't want a bronzing product from this range which is why I went on the hunt for them. I had to go to Superdrug anyway and I knew they did these 'Shine Control Papers' after seeing them on the Superdrug website the previous evening. During the hotter more humid weather I often find that my face can look a little oily, even with make-up on. I used to cover this up by applying more powder; how-ever this doesn't last long and doesn't really soak up any excess oil which is why I thought I would give this product a go. The papers come in a small pack about the same size as a credit card (maybe slightly smaller). The pack which holds the paper is sealed in plastic packaging. This opens easily to reveal the small book like item which holds all of the Oil Control Papers. The packaging to the product is blue and green with a pattern on the front. On the back of the packaging you can find information about the product, directions for use and a list of ingredients. It also states that this product is Paraben free. You get a total of 65 sheets in one pack, which I thought was quite good. I remember my friend having a pack of these papers when she was a school and I am now wondering if people really do still use these as there isn't many different brands or makes of these papers about. I personally think they are a brilliant idea as they are small so can fit into a bag and they are also simple and easy to use. I would much prefer soaking the oil up with one of these rather than covering up with more powder like I used to.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = = =
I purchased these from Superdrug for £2.59, although you could purchase 2 packs for £4.00 which is what I did. The product is small so isn't easy to find, how-ever if you go to the skincare and look for Superdrug own brand range of skincare in blue packaging then you should find it within that section.

= = = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = = =
You can use this product alone or with make up on. If you notice excess oil on your skin simply remove a single sheet from the book and press the powdered surface gently over the skin. Re-apply any time of the day, as often as needed. Avoid contact with the eyes. When I felt as though my face was feeling a little clammy or looking oily I used one of the sheets. The sheet was easy to tear out of the small book style packaging and I gently pressed this onto my skin to help to soak up the excess oil. It felt a little strange against my face how-ever the paper felt soft. When looking at the paper afterwards I could see just how much excess oil it had soaked up and I was quite amazed. The powder on the paper is perfect for helping to absorb oil and to also help touch your make up, up a little if you have any on. There isn't too much powder on the paper so when applying this to your face it isn't that obvious that there is actually any powder on your face at all. I have used the paper sheets with and without make-up and I find that t does a brilliant job of helping to absorb excess oil and to help keep your make up looking nice. The paper is very gentle and also really easy to use. I always carry a pack of these in my bag with me ready to use for when I need to. I use these a lot when out on the town as it can get rather hot in nightclubs and bars, which make these perfect for helping to keep your face shine and oil free during the night.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = = =
I wasn't really sure to expect from this product due to it being Superdrug own brand, how-ever I wanted to give it a try as I couldn't find any other blotting paper or oil absorbing sheets which is why I ended up purchasing these one's. The paper itself is easy to tear away from the small book like packaging. I love the packaging as its small and thin which makes it perfect for popping into a small bag, even a small clutch bag which is what I normally take out with me when going out for a night out on the town. The sheets are really easy to use and you can really see the excess oil on the sheet after using it. It's then that you realise how much excess oil you actually have on your face. As the sheets have powder on them it gives your face or make-up a nice matt looking finish which looks natural. In terms of value I think this product is very reasonable, especially as you can purchase two packs for just £4.00. I will definitely be purchasing these again and would also recommend them to others.

(review may also appear on dooyoo)

• Coloneljohn published 31/08/2013