Superdrug Colour Effects Wash In Wash Out

Superdrug Colour Effects Wash In Wash Out

Hair Colour

Review of "Superdrug Colour Effects Wash In Wash Out"

published 15/06/2010 | sazooo
Member since : 09/05/2010
Good
Pro cheap, smelled nice, lots more than 3 applications
Cons no huge noticeable difference
How easy is to apply?
How did the colour meet your expectations?

"Colour effects cool blonde colour"

I recently dyed my hair blonde and purchased the Superdrug cool blonde colour as a back up option in case the colour wasn't bright enough.

My colour was a golden blonde with orangey undertones so i thought i would try using the cool blonde colour on it. On the bottle it says to lather on wet hair and leave for 5 minutes, or up to 20 for longer lasting colour.The colour of the dye is a deep purple which i had heard is good for toning brassy blonde hair. I put the colour in my hair and left it on for the full twenty minutes.

After the time was up i looked at my hair in the mirror. The purple colour had disappeared and my hair just looked soapy and wet. I washed out the colour and it left quite a nice smell to my hair. I didn't notice any major difference in the colour of my hair though it did feel soft.

A few days later i applied the colour again, this time i kept an eye on it throughout the developing time and massaged it into my hair when the purple colour disappeared. This seemed to have a better effect and my hair came out a cooler blonde colour.

All in all it is a great value for money as it only cost 99p and i would probably buy it again and use as a toning conditioner as it is cheaper than those products. There was a wide range of different colours and i will post reviews when i have tried them out. It does say on the bottle that there are three applications, but i have relatively short hair and there is much more than three applications in that bottle!