Superdrug Spot Stick

Superdrug Spot Stick

Problem Skin

Review of "Superdrug Spot Stick"

published 28/05/2008 | joannavos
Member since : 07/03/2001
Pro Doesn't dry your skin, but dries blemishes, Bottle fits in your bag.
Cons Probably doesn't work on severe acne
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Tea Tree Spot Stick - Superdrug - Yes!"

Although I am in my thirties now, I am still plagued by annoying spots fairly frequently. I've tried numerous different things to try to prevent or clear up any outbreaks. I've been disappointed many times! Until I tried the Tea Tree Spot Stick from Superdrug. I mentioned my frustration to my mother when she last visited me and she said that anything containing Tea Tree is normally very good for sorting out nasty unwanted eruptions!

What is it?

The Tea Tree Spot Stick comes in an 8ml bottle similar to a lip gloss and is approximately 6 inches tall. The bottom section is made of a tough clear plastic so that you can easily see how much is left in the bottle, while the lid is an equally tough black plastic that screws into the bottle. The lid has a white plastic leg attached to the inside with a velvety sponge applicator at its end. This is practically the same length at the bottle ensuring that it stays in the liquid and doesn't dry out. It is also very simple to store and its size means it can be carried easily in even the most cluttered hand bags!

When you buy this product, it comes in a small cardboard box, containing an ingredients and directions leaflet. I've unfortunately discarded this due to lack of space in my bag so I can't give you a list of ingredients. It does however have a label wrapped around most of the circumference of the bottle and this contains care and safety advice and directions for use. The front of the label states: Superdrug Tea Tree Spot Stick with natural tea tree and peppermint oils. The reverse contains the instructions.

Directions for use:

Apply directly to affected area. Use regularly morning and evening.

Care and safety advice:

Avoid contact with eyes. For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation develops.

The actual product:

The product itself is of quite a gloopy, green coloured yet see through consistency. It runs about as well as thick custard which is useful if you tip the bottle over whilst open as it would take a while to run out! It has a very minty clear smell. It reminds me of the way olbas oil smells. Not the scent of it but the way it kind of clears your nasal passages. When you dab the applicator onto your skin, it feels a little tingly in a cold refreshing way. It dries fairly quickly and the fresh minty smell lingers for five to ten minutes or so.

Having very strange unpredictable skin, combination of dry, normal and oily and sometimes sensitive, I didn't hold out much hope for this product but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I noticed an improvement. Now I know the bottle says to use twice a day but I don't always feel the need to do this. I tend to use it more as and when something erupts!!! I have found that it dries out the nasty little problem very quickly without drying out my skin. In fact it seems to fade blemishes away to nothing most of the time, regardless of whether the spot is on dry or oily skin. If it's on oily skin it also seems to reduce the amount of oil. I've never come across anything that's worked this well on my skin before. A combination spot stick!

Where to buy?

It would appear to be Superdrug's own brand so not sure that you'd be able to buy it anywhere else! The address is listed on the bottle however and is:-Superdrug Stores plc, Admail 838, Croydon, UK, CR9 4WZ. You can also visit their website at www.superdrug.com

I think this items was around £2.50 and it does last for quite a long time. Although I did buy it along with two other items in a buy 3 for 2 item offer that was on at the time, so I actually got it even cheaper!

Summary

Well I've waffled on about it for long enough now! All I can say in summary is that it's a great little addition to your bag if you are unfortunate enough to suffer from occasional spot problems. Not sure how effective it would be if you have severe acne problems like I did when I was a teenager though. (Although had it been available back then I would have loved to have tried it out!). I think this is a great product and I will definitely recommend to anyone with occasional blemishes. I shall certainly be buying it again, although I don't expect to run out any time soon!

• Essexgirl2006 published 05/03/2009
    Sounds a reasonable price too.
  • suehome published 20/10/2008
    Sadly, I don't think you ever grow out of spots!! Sue
  • lml888v published 02/10/2008