Surf Small & Mighty Concentrated Liquid Tropical

Surf Small & Mighty Concentrated Liquid Tropical

Washing Liquid/Powder

Review of "Surf Small & Mighty Concentrated Liquid Tropical"

published 14/11/2010 | lashafla
Member since : 12/11/2006
Satisfactory
Pro Smells absolutely divine
Cons Doesn't clean like it should
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Small but not too mighty"

I went to the supermarket as I desperately needed some laundry aid. I had always used tablets or powder but I thought this time, I'd go for a concentrate. There was a special offer in the shop that day where you could buy 3 cleaning products for the price of 2 and I got three different bottles of Surf Small & Mightly concentrate.

When I got home and I opened the bottle, I couldn't believe the beautiful fragrance that wafted through my nostrils. It was absolutely divine.

I loaded the washing with the childrens clothes and two of my tops and started the wash on 40C. My home smelt so lovely as I expected it would. I could have washed forever! The wash ended and I took the clothes out.

For some very strange reason, the childrens clothes smelt good, but all the sweat areas on mine - like the underarms - had this strong pungent smell! No, I don't 'smell' and I had never had the experience before and so I took one of the tops and washed it again with another handwash detergent while I left the other top to dry. By the time it dried, there was no strange smell on it, everything was normal! The children's clothes seemed like it had been washed with half the required amount of soap - in other words, not very clean.

The other day, I was sent a sample size of a supermarket brand of washing powder and it was as if I was in clean-clothes heaven. No fancy smell at the end, but brilliant clean.

I continued using this concentrate for our weekly wash and I've had the same experience every week. Great smell, not so great clean, wierd smell in the clothes when wet. I've now steadily started using a stain remover along with all my washes until I can buy a regular bio detergent. Yesterday was my most recent wash... I still wasn't impressed after putting in an extra half full cap of the concentrate.

The sad thing is that I have 2 full 1470ml bottles of this in storage!

• catsholiday published 14/11/2010
    I actually liked this
  • FORCE6 published 14/11/2010
    Great review, would be helpful to a consumer. =D
  • dahlin published 14/11/2010
    How odd. I've found this cleans brilliantly, and I've never found a strange smell from it! x