Review of "Suzuki GS500E"

published 04/06/2005 | essential1
Customer service

"Big little bike"

~Features~
-------------

Hi. It's been great so far too help people and share information I am going to try another bike review now! I am sure you have noticed that motorcycling is on the way up due to the congestion charge on cars!? Living in London England means there are plenty reason to go motorcycling choices as well I can get around faster and easier than any other form of transport even the tube. One noticed that motorcycle parking is free as well. So a better way to travel around town not possible. I was lucky to have a Suzuki GS500 E to use some years ago now. I know you must be wondering why that and not another. Anyway, I was glad to find that it was brand new and given to me to make deliveries by a company.

The Suzuki GS500 E is an aircooled twin cylinder machine the most cheap of the 500 cc machines that Suzuki makes it has some interesting features and is not at the most fasionable end of the market for learner and commuter riders it is a good choice however it is for me a good looking machine. I know what I required when I looked in on my new company bike. Hence, I am reviewing the Suzuki GS500E.

~The Look~
-------------

It's has a red plastic and metal body with black controls with black buttons on the handlebars and blue display screen on the instrument panel. I liked that clearly. It's got many buttons on the front of the handle bars on-off switch, stop clutch/brake leavers, speedo, revcounter etc.

The seat is a black with silver inserts with the flexibility of extra features that the machine itself does have a kick starter. It's also got locking fuel tank, alloy wheels, helmet lock, indicators, rear seat foot pegs. This is very useful you have added passenger getting free travel. It can be crunch but it is a good and must be good for two people can go to work on it in all.

~Weight~
-------------

As for the weight it is not going to be a concern for any, I could tell you that, it's very lite comparable to any other companies models and same company with different products. The weight comes in as less than 400lbs, and so light anyone can move it. It could be pushed very easily and picked up should it fall over by most anybody but the weekest.

~Price~
-------------

About the price it is not anything to be concerned about second hand, I got it from a company as a company bike it was on special offer it is something very much dependent on different retailers but it was bought for £2500. That is the price for a new one is it is not possible to pay very much more than £3000.

~Ease of Use~
-------------

It's has a very simple to use. That's a good point compared to some. It is easy to drive as it is light easy gear change and plenty of for around town power mean it is a very easy machine to use. It has a 4 stroke engine oil which is toped up with a small opening on the enging. It does not use much petrol at 60mpg it is good it will easily do 100mph. The motor is not even trying at 70 mph due to government laws. Unrestricted it is more powerful at a claimed 51hp @ 9000 revolutions per minute when flat out. It is also available restricted at 32hp but this is for learners only.

Another point is the easefullness of starting the electric motor is inside the engine and works first time every time. The seat is small but comfortable for most people.

~Consumable~
-------------

As it's highly economic to buy then that fact is I have used it for 3500 miles now it lasted me this time with no problems at all. Lots of factors are involved in this scenario it has a low watt motor with or without the unrestricted engine it has not worn out anything. It has done 3.5K miles at no expense to me only petrol and a service at 3K miles paid by the company so I do not know what it cost.

~Durability~
-------------

It's made to be highly durable and I have tested this many times while dropping it. While others have worn the metal discs to within fine limit the brakes are sharp and good around town. Nothing much happened that is it is nothing re-markable.

~Advantages~
-------------

It is a quality product and features are excellent for my limited needs no 'WOW' factor but the as a sound and robust machine it has a 'WOW' factor. I can recommend the extra feature of a rear top box and carrier. It is clear and that this machine is a bright addition to any drive way. To ride and rev it around town is a joy. So handy, so useful I can play on it as well as use it as a commuting machine I am not at all able to complain about anything. It's is then highly durable and economic to use. I do know where it is made Japan so it is very good quality.

~Disadvantages~
-------------

As it can have a restricted motor it is not for motorways or long distance riding if it does! Small and light is ok if you are small and light other wise it will be uncomfortable

~Overall~
-------------

105 mph and 60mpg small light and reliable a good product to be of interest to learners commuters and those wanting a small machine. It is excellent at what it does and is recommended by me.

• granadan published 20/06/2005
    Sobs... just sold one due to third baby. Now looking for a bike engined trike.....
  • chrismoll published 04/06/2005