Swagger Jagger - Cher Lloyd

Swagger Jagger - Cher Lloyd

Single Track from Cher Lloyd - Genre: Dance - Release Year: 2011

Review of "Swagger Jagger - Cher Lloyd"

published 15/08/2011 | CGholy
Member since : 17/06/2010
Summer!
Pro Cute Chorus and well produced.
Cons Really annoying song.
Originality
Quality of Lyrics/Music
How does it compare to the artist's other releases?

"Horray More Pop Factory Tack!"

This is just what the music industry needs right now: Talent show losers. Cher Lloyd is one of those people. This little monster managed to reach the live performances of X Factor with her disturbing obsession with Cheryl Cole and even scarier blends of hip hop and bubblegum pop. Someone decided to give her a record deal and she's now released her first single: Swagger Jagger.

So what is Swagger Jagger? Is it money? Sex? Ego? Drugs? No, it means hater (in this song anyway). I remember the word Swagger as being the move in the pokemon games that boosts your enemy's attack and confuses them. Now I've looked both swagger and jagger up in the dictionary it's defiantly enhanced my beliefs that this song is pointless nonsense. Has she even looked up Jagger in the dictionary? Does the name Mick Jagger ring a bell to her?

The song is pretty much your basic electronic bubblegum song lacking any distinctive features other than being someone you remember on the X Factor. It starts with bombastic rapping which leads to the sickly sweet chorus. It's well produced and she actually sounds really cute. It's still a bad song, no overwhelming cuteness will change that.

It's a very inconsistent track and at first, she's telling her haters to get on the floor but in the middle eight, she's like hi, bye it's nice meeting you. It's confusing and really bipolar.

While she proves that she can sing and rap, she dosen't have the likability like Nicki Minaj has, who has the ability to be both both and entertaining. She also lacks soul like Hip-Hop princesses Lauryn Hill, Neneh Cherry and Mary J. Blige. Cher doesn't get the message in her songs across as greatly as Jessie J. The comparisons to her idol and former mentor, Cheryl Cole don't really help herself either. Despite that I think she'll be around and give us a couple more hits before vanishing from the world of music. Weather they will have any quality in them, I have no idea. If the record company knows what they're doing they'll drop her when the hype is over.

I don't like the song because it sounds awkward. The song is about her haters, but this song isn't going to scare them. It's just bubblegum pop about how they can't get enough of her, but it's very repetitive. While it's catchy, it's very annoying. When she's singing properly, she's really cute. I really liked her cover of Shakespear's Sister's song, Stay. Of course the original version is much more better, but I disliked her until she performances that cover. Now I'm very neutral about Cher and feel sympathetic towards her because it's very easy to dislike her.

"You can't stop looking me, staring at me
Be what I be, you can't stop looking at me
So get off of my face,
You can't stop clickin 'bout me
Writin' 'bout me, tweeting 'bout me,
I can't stop, it's what I gon' be,
My swagger's in check." - Verse 1

OKAY WE GET IT! YOUR HATER'S CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WRITE A SONG ABOUT IT! You're fueling their fire: haters gonna hate.

This song is pointless. It's too chavvy for my taste. Did I also mention that the song sucked? I don't know how anyone would like this unless they where a child. I wouldn't really want to purchase her albums after listening to this Monstrous Death Pop. Curiosity might pip me so I may try it to see if it's going to be as terrible as I think it will be. But if the rest of the album is going to be like this, then I'm going to have an epic migraine.

• Templar19 published 02/09/2011
    The dippy girl can't complain though. All the 'hating' has probably earned her a few extra download bucks through publicity. I can just hear the production meeting: So what rhymes with swagger?
  • kellyannpow published 19/08/2011
    i quite like the song, to be honest shes a 17 yr old who wants to follow her dream and is doing so despite the media and people like this who are putting her down, x
  • Coloneljohn published 17/08/2011
    Well reviewed. Not somebody I have ever heard so I don't appear to be missing much. John