Sykescottages.co.uk

Online Holiday Booking

Review of "Sykescottages.co.uk"

published 28/06/2011 | willaston26
Member since : 12/06/2011
Pro Fast, easy to navigate website, good admin processes, helpful and efficient staff
Cons No cottages outside of UK and Eire
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Overall very happy"

I have just returned from a holiday in the peak district with my wife and two young children (6&4) booked through Sykes cottages.

Sykes was recommended to me by my sister in law and thought I would give them a go as all the agencies I found online appeared to be similar.

First things first, their website, I found the website easy to navigate and the layout was OK, one thing that did confuse me was that the calendar and prices appeared to geared towards the properties that had a Saturday start day, as the property that we eventually settled on was a Friday, this proved somewhat confusing, as the prices of the weeks either side of our week were differently priced, so sent an email to them to enquire, which sorted it quickly. Interestingly though, since I last visited the website, the layout of the calendar has changed and the prices are clear to see. Obviously I was not the only one to be getting confused!

Once booked, the confirmation was sent out to me via email which I found useful, as I am always losing bits of paper in the house to my little budding artists!

The confirmation included directions to the cottage, which could have been clearer to understand, I pointed this out to the owner, who agreed and said that they would take it up with Sykes directly so as not to cause anymore confusion to other guests.

The cottage itself was OK, I booked a three tick property and maybe because I travel with work a lot and stay in hotels I was expecting greater things. The decoration was a little dated and a few areas were looking tired, but on reflection I suppose a three tick/star/rosette property is the sort of basic entry level so have no one else to blame but myself, with all this in mind the cottage was very clean and well presented for our arrival and the owner was helpful and friendly to all four of us.

The weather was not good, but neither Sykes nor the owner can be blamed for that.

Would I use Sykes again........... Happily!

Would I stay in the cottage again..........with a bit of TLC............maybe!