Review of "TCP Antiseptic Liquid"

published 12/03/2012 | graceyyxx
Member since : 14/02/2010
Hello, I'm Grace a student from sunny Stoke. If I miss you out when returning reads/ rates please just let me know. I'm also on dooyoo under the same name, happy reviewing :)
Pro Cheap, lots of uses, really works.
Cons The smell.
Effectiveness

"TCP Liquid Antiseptic."

Price and Availability

TCP is something we always had in the cupboard at my Mum and Dad’s and since moving out it’s something I always make sure I’ve still got in the bathroom as it’s useful for so many things. TCP can be bought in a few different bottle sizes including 50ml, 100ml, 200ml and 500ml. I recently bought a 100ml bottle for about £2 which isn’t a bad price as a little bit goes a long way. TCP can be found in chemists and supermarkets.

Packaging and Product Information

TCP comes in a deep brown glass bottle which can just about be seen through when held up to the light. There’s a white screw on/ off lid which is very secure and the labelling is bright blue and light green and quite eye catching.

TCP is a liquid antiseptic and has many uses and promises to sooth pain and fight infection.

My Experience

I have used TCP over the years for many different things, all of which have been a success. The most common use I have had for TCP is purely as an antiseptic. It’s brilliant for putting on cuts although it does sting a little bit initially it really sets my mind at rest that no nasties are getting into my cuts. If it’s a bad cut TCP can be applied to cuts undiluted but usually it needs to be used in equal quatities with water.

TCP can also be used to help with sore throats, to do this you dilute it with one part TCP to five parts water and gargle with it. Although this does help with sore throats it’s something I only do if I’m desperate as anybody who’s used TCP will know how strong it smells and I really don’t find it easy to gargle with. Although I can’t stand the smell I find it slightly easier to use TCP for ulcers where it can be dabbed undiluted onto the affected area three times a day. TCP can also be used undiluted onto spots every four hours, and although you are left smelling of the stuff it really does dry spots out and get rid of them quickly.

Overall

As you can probably tell from my review, I can’t recommend TCP enough. It’s only cheap and it goes a really long way and has a wide range of uses. TCP works really well on cuts, bites, spots and ulcers and it’s something I’ve used for years and will continue to use for a very long time.