Review of "TRESemme 24 Hour Body Shampoo"

published 03/05/2012 | cath_del
Member since : 03/04/2012
Thanks for all your rates :) On and off for a while...so busy at work!
Pro Does what it says, lasts ages, cheap price usually
Cons Bottle can be awkward, not transparent bottle
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Tresemme 24hr Body Shampoo"

My mum tends to buy any of the Tresemme selections due to the fact that they always seem to be on offer in our local Asda and they come in pretty giant bottles in my opinion. Tresemme has been gaining popularity recently, and it's well deserved, as I've found that all their brands of shampoo and conditioner have worked well for me and improved my hair when I use it. The shampoo I shall be reviewing is the 24 hour Body shampoo, with silk protein and collagen.

You can buy the shampoos in smaller bottles to try them out and see which best suits your hair, which is what I did. However, now I've found the shampoo that suits me best, I only really buy it in the 900ml bottles. In Asda, you can buy them most of the time on special offer for 2 for £5 however by themselves, in stores such as Boots or Superdrug you will probably find them for £5 each.

The bottle is really large with most of the packaging being black and the flippy top a pinkish colour. Pressing in the lid creates a gap in which you can squeeze out the shampoo, and this was handy as it stopped issues with leakage or pouring too much out. However, you cant unscrew the lid properly, which can be a problem if you want to rinse out the bottles and use every last inch of the shampoo. It is also able to be recycled.

The only problem I really had was the fact that this bottle was just too large, it sometimes made it awkward to hold and squeeze out shampoo, and sometimes I would even have issues with dropping it on my foot in the shower. Some may also not like that it is not transparent, so there isn't really a clear indicator to when you need to replenish your shampoo stock.

I have mid lengthish hair and I found that I only needed 2 small blobs of shampoo to make for an effective wash. It definitely gives my hair more body and volume if I bother to blow dry afterwards, however if I leave it to dry it just looks slightly volumised and as it would normally. It states that it gives all day body and volume without weighing it down, and this is definitely the case as my hair does tend to be pretty bouncy after I use this shampoo.

There isn't really a smell to this product, as it just smells like any other neutral shampoo. It doesn't really make your hair smell any different after it's dry either and I got used to it pretty quickly.