TSP

TSP

Review of "TSP"

published 13/09/2002 | annette_tr9
Member since : 01/12/2000
Good
Pro get cheap books on your first order
Cons nothing different from any other club
Variety on offer
Catalogue
Purchase obligations

"Get bargains on your first order"

E-TSP is a book club based on the internet. I originally joined e-TSP because they have a great sign up offer. When I joined I got three books for 1p, which is a bargain!! I did have some reservations when signing up after hearing stories from people about mail order book clubs in general. I had heard nightmare stores about people having books turn up on their doorstep every month that they didn’t want and then having to pay to send them back.

So far (touch wood) I have had no problems like this at all. Every month you are sent a small brochure and usually an extra bit with the bestsellers of the month. You can either send back the slip to say that you don’t want the book of the month or you can log on to their internet site and refuse the book of the month on there. They will always send you an e-mail if you do this on the site so that you know you have refused the book. So far I haven’t received one book that I didn’t want. Obviously if you don’t send back the slip or refuse the book on the site you will receive the book of the month. I have a friend who received the book and she e-mailed e-TSP to say that she didn’t want it. They send a prepaid address label for her to return the book so it didn’t cost her anything. You only have the inconvenience of parcelling up the package and going down to the post office, which is your own fault for not returning the slip!! I have known people to refuse the parcel when it is delivered and it will be returned to the sender, this is a good way to get out of taking it back to the post office!!

The club itself then. The prices are moderately cheap. There’s nothing that you wouldn’t find for the same price elsewhere, amazon for example. The choice of books isn’t wide but you can usually find something interesting every month. The way to get cheap books from this club is to buy two. If you buy two books you will get the second at a reduced price, usually half price. You also have to pay postage costs so watch that you are not paying too much for the books! I would say that e-tsp aren’t any better than any other website to get books from and personally I would rather have a wider choice and browse around amazon for a while and purchase from them.

Occasionally you will find a bargain new release. I have found that e-TSP usually get paperback versions of new releases quickly which means you can buy the book cheaper!! If you prefer to have the hardback version this is of no interest to you at all!

Their website is very good. It downloads quickly and it’s easy to find your way around.

So the outcome is that the only reason to join this club really is for the first three books which you get really cheap! You have to stay a member for six months (I think!) and then you can cancel. This isn’t a problem if you can remember to cancel the recommended book every month but if you are forgetful you may want to think twice about joining.

This review was read 2041 times and was rated at

• Elainebaba published 14/09/2002
    Makes all the difference when your bank works for you! Acril
  • Honey_Bee published 13/09/2002
    Sounds like one of the few genuine sites on the internet!! :o)x
  • molelover published 13/09/2002
    I think I've been a member of this one about five times in the last five years!! ;-)