Review of "TY Beanie the cat"

published 12/07/2009 | Amy69
Member since : 28/05/2007
Pro quite cute
Cons retired
Wear and Tear

"Beani the Beanie"

TY Beanie the cat

TY Beanie the cat

Everybody collects things, yes? Over the years I have had many a collection, some which have lasted longer than others! One which went on for a good few years was my obsession with my TY Beanie collection! My friends and I all collected the soft and cuddly beanie teddies, so it was something we could all share together, which was nice! Between us we had most, if not all of the beanies out then, and I still have a few too, which I found the other day!

One of the beanies is a cat named Beani. I thought it was quite a bizarre thing to name the cat after the product, but nonetheless it was still unique to the cat! Each beanie has an unique appearance too! Naturally, Beani looks like a cat! Some lie on their stomachs or sides, and others upright. Beani lies on her side, sprawled out as if bathing in the sun (my cats loved doing that!). Her fur is a dark grey colour, which seems quite matted. Though to the touch it is very soft and smooth. She has little beady black and orange eyes, with a cute little button nose, along with two small bumps for ears. Around her neck there is a large bright red bow.

Inside Beani there is soft fluffy fur. However if you feel her paws and the end of her tail you will find it contains beans. This is not too good for smaller children, just in case Beani accidentally rips and they fall out, a choking hazard for sure! If Beani gets dirty I would not recommend putting her in the washing machine - I dread to think what her fur would look like mangled!

On Beani's left ear you will find a little heart shaped red tag. If you open up this cardboard tag you will find a little poem. Each poem is specially written for each beanie. Beani's reads:

Why is my name Beani the cat?
It's funny you should ask me that
My owner loves her Beanies so
She wanted the whole world to know!

Okay so it is not exactly a poem, but it is a nice little verse! I suppose her name makes a little more sense now!

If you would like to buy Beani you may have a hard job finding her in any shops! She is retired, which means that the TY company do not manufacture or sell her anymore. However never fear, you may be able to find her on eBay or such like. This does though mean that the price is not guaranteed. She may be cheap as she is so old, but some may see her as an antique and price her highly. I personally would not pay more than £4 or £5 for her, but if she is one of the last few you need to complete a collection, they maybe a little more would be worth it!

Beani is a gorgeous cat and perfect for any TY or cat lover!

Amy 2009

• TheHairyGodmother published 21/09/2009
    Fab review, well written and informative :)
  • brereton66 published 13/07/2009
    Are there any of these still for sale
  • blackmagicstar4 published 13/07/2009
    i remember these, i had a few but they were a little expensive to buy them all! x