Review of "TY Bianca the cat"

published 13/07/2009 | Amy69
Member since : 28/05/2007
Pro cute
Cons retired
Wear and Tear

"You wont find a silver jacket on this Bianca!"

TY Bianca the cat

TY Bianca the cat

For years I collected TY beanie teddies. This is a wide range of soft toys in all forms of animal, bear and even people! I had a few people, but mainly I had animals and bears. When it came to animals, I had quite a few cats too, and this was no surprise since I am such a huge cat lover!

One of the cat TY beanies I had was Bianca the Cat. I am a huge fan of EastEnders and have been for quite a number of years, so this was a great name, as it reminded me of Patsy Palmer's character! It's always good when you can relate to something! Though, the cat does not look at all like Bianca Jackson! She is not ginger, but a fresh white colour! She has a long white fluffy tail, with a furry head to match! She has little beady blue eyes and an adorable pink button nose. Around her neck there is a little pink netted bow Her whiskers are also a cute little shade of pink!

Bianca has soft fur inside her, but if you give her paws a squeeze you will find they have beans inside them. For older collectors that is okay, but if it were to rip in the hands of a younger the beans could be a choking hazzard, as well as a mess all over! Other than that though, she is great! I would not advise putting her in the washing machine either, but perhaps a basic wash down with a sponge! I daresn't imagine the mess her fur would get if in the washing machine!

On Bianca;s ear there is a little cardboard heart shaped red tag. If you open this up you will find a poem. Every beanie has their own poem, unique to them. Bianca's reads:

Some cats like to come and go
But that's just not my style, you know
I'd rather hang around the house
Than go outside and catch a mouse !

It's so sweet and reminds me of one of my lazy-lump cats, Wilma, who used to spend all day sleeping on top of the warm boiler! This is definitely one of the better poems!

TY no longer manufacture or sell Bianca, and for this she is known as Retired. Though do not fear, you still may be able to find her on eBay and such like if you wish to buy her! Though this does of course not guarantee a price. As she is old some may sell her cheaply but others may see her as an antique for the collection and sell her at a high price. I personally would not pay more than £5 unless for example she was one of the last few in my collection I needed.

Bianca is an adorable edition to the TY beanie collection, perfect for TY or Cat lovers, and not to be absent from anybody's collection!

Amy 2009

• TheHairyGodmother published 21/09/2009
    Great review! Keep them coming!
  • Ayesha- published 14/07/2009
    I'm sure Bianca is an unusual name for a cat lol. Ayesha x
  • GemmaC25 published 13/07/2009