T.K. Maxx Weaved Corner Storage Unit

T.K. Maxx Weaved Corner Storage Unit

Storage/ Toy Box

Review of "T.K. Maxx Weaved Corner Storage Unit"

published 13/01/2012 | kayleaf
Member since : 26/03/2009
Pro good price, holds lots of stuff, sturdy.
Cons a bit awkward when carrying around town...
Style & Appearance
Ease of Assembly

"Keeping The Cool in the Corner"

Just after Christmas we went on the hunt for some storage units to hold all my daughters new treasures. Eventually this will go into her bedroom but as we don't have enough bedrooms at the moment we decided we would keep it in the living room as that is where she plays. Also it sort of fits in well with the room and produces an extra side, and all women like to have more 'sides' to put things on.

The unit is about 85cm tall and as it is a corner unit it fits into a corner quite well. It is brown in colour with a cream material cover on the inside, a bit like a laundry hamper would be. It has quite a heavy lid that is attached with material so it doesn't fold all the way back when you are rummaging through for loose crayons. It's really wide, almost as wide as it is deep and fits so much inside it. At the moment we are using it for all of her bigger toys that can be put away easily at the end of the day but I imagine when the big move is completed (it's not started yet, but this is the year!) I will use it for all sorts of things as she also has a whole lot of soft toys and this unit would store them perfectly. I also think this unit is very sturdy. It's got quite a heavy lid and base so doesn't fall over when empty and my daughter loves to climb on top of it to have a little sit down. Probably again because she knows its hers as its full of her stuff - she only likes to sit down on her things rather than the sofa.

At the moment it is serving it's purpose really well as a storage unit for her bigger toys and also as another part of the living room to put stuff on. Obviously they don't stay there for long as the lid opens and my daughter has worked out how it opens which could be a disadvantage if there were things in there not for her or that could hurt her. However she knows that is where we keep her toys however she can not keep the lid up as it is quite heavy and has bumped me on the head a few times. For the price of £29.99 this storage unit is great for us, we can fit so much stuff inside it and it doesn't take up too much space. It can be slotted nicely in the corner however we have it next to our sofa. There is a matching rectangular shaped storage unit that measures a little higher that I am also tempted to get as our house is flooded with Evangeline's toys and we will need more storage in the future. A great buy for a bargain price and the best thing is it's already put together so no need for self assembly however it isn't really suitable to carry home when you don't drive, even if you do practically live on the doorstep!