Review of "T-mobile ZTE Vairy Touch"

published 01/04/2009 | pinkjen
Member since : 16/03/2009
Pro touch screen - small and petite
Cons haven't found any yet!
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"get your Vairy Touch now!!"

The ZTE Vairy Touch is the latest offering from T-mobile in their pay as you go range.

I received the phone yesterday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised. In pictures, the phone looks quite big and chunky, 'it looks like a brick' was my sisters comment. So I opened up the box and there lies and small, slim and light phone. At 92.6mm×52.3mm×16mm and weighing just 83.5g (including battery) this really is a great design from T-mobile.

The touch screen is in colour and is quite large, taking up the majority of the space on the front. I've never used a touch screen mobile before I wasn't particularly interested in doing so, but this has pleasantly surprised at how nice and easy it was to use. You can write texts/numbers/web addresses either by using the in-built keyboard or by handwriting...yes, you can handwrite and the system will automatically converse your writing into text. I thought this may be a problem as my handwriting is a little messy, but it seems to have picked up my writing straight away and converses my scrawny letters into mobile text.

You get a little pen, which is tucked away between the side of the phone and the battery compartment and slides into place, which can be extended to a larger pen. I think that's very doody, simple things....

You can save your contacts either to the phone or the sim. You can assign a picture to a contact, or a sound. Searching for a contact is easy, you just start writing the name, and the contact will appear. It is also easy to add contacts. You can also assign different ringtones to individual contacts...like that person your trying to avoid. (As seen in Confessions of a Shopaholic!!)

There is a 1.3 mega pixel camera, which is quite good quality I think and is simple to use. This can also be used as a video.

There is one classical game and a music player. The music player consists of an FM radio and supports MP3 players. You are provided with headphones too. You can also record sound and play around with making your own songs!

The Vairy Touch comes with an organiser; which contains a calender, currency converter, calculator, stop watch and world clock. It also has an alarm, which I'm grateful for as my old Nokia N95 didn't have an alarm (even though it cost god knows how much more) and is a life saver for reminding me when I'm supposed to be doing something!

It also has a built in webcam- you connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable and it works as a webcam,very clever i thought! You can also use the internet which is great and pages come up quickly and work well

All in all I think this is a pretty hot phone! Especially for the price, T-mobile are saying they'll be selling this for around £59.99, which is pretty amazing for a touch screen phone and all it's features, which are as good as any overly expensive phone. I would definitely recommend this, so go and get it!!

(be sure to leave feedback, gratefully received!)
(if I've left anything out let me know!)

• vairytouch published 12/05/2009
    Hi, I looked at your review and based on that i bought the vairy touch! I agree, its a great phone for its price, but your review said the following: "You can also use the internet which is great and pages come up quickly and work well" Please could you tell me how to access the internet. Thanks! :D
  • bella6789 published 01/04/2009