Review of "TalkTalk"

published 07/03/2012 | darrenjohns244
Member since : 07/03/2012
Pro Cheap at the Time, Reliable
Cons Internet has become very slow and unreliable, looking to transfer to TimeTalk.co.uk
not rated
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges

"TalkTalk was Good in 2006 but in 2012 but now seems too slow."

Been with TalkTalk (Tiscali when I joined) for a few years now and have seen how slow broadband has been recently (too many users) so I searched how to transfer from talktalk without any connection fees, so up came a timetalk.co.uk ad and a very attractive ad for broadband @£1.99 per month.

I rang up the freephone number and a nice UK salesperson told me of the benefits of timetalk (actually its based on the stable and fast new BT broadband network) so it will be quicker than talktalk the UK salesperson Danny informed me. He also informed me of no connection fees or reconnect fees, which was nice for me. The broadband download limit seems low at first but when I informed him I only check my email and a few common websites (Facebook, Twitter, BBC, Ebay) he said I should be well below the GB bandwidth limit.

I even got a brand new Wireless N internet router from Timetalk which means a better quality and a stronger wifi connection than my old talktalk router i think, will have to see if my notebook and smartphones work in the back garden.

So far the internet seems quite fast and reliable (after 3 weeks), and danny told me to install google chrome to make browsing faster and to clear temp internet files every few months.

In my opinion if you are fed up being on talktalk or any other popular broadband provider then i recommend trying a smaller intenet provider like timetalk who look like there internet broadband service is not being used to the fullest so should be good broadband speeds - until droves of fed up talktalk customer start noticing the new offer.

not rated