TalkTalk

Review of "TalkTalk"

published 18/02/2013 | mrspatrick84x
Member since : 17/02/2013
Pro its cheap
Cons its a load of rubbish
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"TALKTALK AVOIDAVOID"

After seeing a recent talktalk advert and being quite pleasantly surprised at their low prices, I did what most people in our financial climate did and went for the nice and cheap mega fast broadband.
Only to discover that the saying "you get what you pay for" couldn't be any closer to the truth in this case.
I had my mega fast broadband installed and for the first day or two was impressed with their service, although this satisfaction did not last long as within a week of being connected my connection failed to exist, however i contacted talktalk who kindly ensured me that it was due to the weather and not to worry as they had their expert engineers out there dealing with the issue, reassuring to know.
So when four days had passed and my service had still not been restored i contacted them again, to be informed that it had nothing to do with the weather, it was in fact my fault for choosing such a bad area to live in, may i add at this point that upon signing up to talktalk they check your area and mine claimed to be a fantastic area, one i would imagine to have houses with white picket fences and constant sunshine, now it would appear that i live on the chatsworh estate with broken windows and a severe sewage leak. The adviser informed me that i would be much happier with their fiber optic service, this would allow my internet to return to sunshine and rainbows and they guarantee that you will not beat their upload speed. Now for once they were being honest, I had the new mega fast fiber optic service, and wow they hit the nail on the head, there is no contest here on beating them on their speed, it is by far the slowest Ive ever encountered. 100% snail service.
However talktalk will not accept this and tell me it must be my computer (although not even my mobile phone could adapt to their super slow service). After several months and endless hours on hold to them I finally decided that I want to opt out of this incredible deal, of their super cheap and complete waste of time broadband. Then i encounter yet another problem, even though they must have several hundred telephone calls from me complaining about their service they have quite happily informed me that i am tied in a 12 month contract, so in other words "thanks alot for the money each month, please contact us via email if you have any problems, oh no wait you cant, our internet is that amazing it will not allow you to connect to any form of internet, so you may want to call us instead but please allow 4-6 weeks for one of our unpleasant and rude agents to answer the phone where he/she will not be able to deal with your inquiry"
So there it is in a nut shell, if you want decent broadband go to a company where you get a real deal for your money as being with these is nothing but a waste of time, money and patience

Product Information : TalkTalk