Talk Mobile

Review of "Talk Mobile"

published 29/01/2011 | Paris16
Member since : 29/01/2011
Pro non
Cons incorrect information, hard to understand system on phone, expensive customer service number
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"misleading information, hidden charges"

I took a cheap basic deal for my daughter(12) with Talk Mobile. The bundle is 8.50 with 100mins and 200texts.
I have had the first bill for 22.50 and rang customer services. I have been adviced that she went over her allowance and used more minutes so that was the cause of the bill.
I have asked to put a limit on her phone usage, have been adviced that would only be possible after she passed her limit by 10 pounds. I have had to agree to that.
So they told me they put a credit limit of 10pounds.
I have now a 50pounds to pay on her most recent bill!!
I just rang customer service and ben advised that that she could go over her credit limit because there is a delay between her using her phone to them getting the information.! That they dont know about her usage until too late. Too late for me who has to pay the bill and great news for them for making a lot more money on this phone then the contract.
What is very ennoying and dishonest of them is they have not mentioned to me that this could happen so I could warn my daughter. As she is made to believe as long as she can access numbers she has credit on her phone!

• jjcross published 22/04/2011
    As below
  • TheHairyGodmother published 30/01/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review to make it helpful from the point of view of a consumer looking at making a purchase. If you update please leave a message in my guestbook and I will return to re-rate.

Product Information : Talk Mobile