Review of "Tangle Teezer Compact - Feline Groovy"

published 15/07/2017 | aclevername
Member since : 22/04/2012
Pro lid stops muck getting into bristles, prevents breakage, fits perfectly in your hand
Cons doesn't help majorly with bad knots
Ease of Use
Effectiveness

"Conveniently Compact!"

I received a Compact Tangle Teezer as part of a gift set with a lot of other beauty items for my birthday earlier this year.

I already have the original Tangle Teezer and I really like it but I did think it could use a lid so that when you throw it in your handbag bits of fluff won’t get stuck in it.

~ Price and availability ~
I saw the Feline Groovy design recently in the airport but the Compact Tangle Teezer is available in many colours and styles including Shaun The Sheep print and Hello Kitty designs.
The one I have is not the Feline Groovy leopard print design, but it is black and bright pink.
The Feline Groovy design is available for £10.00 from allbeauty.com, but if you do not mind which colour or design you receive you can buy the Compact Tangle Teezer for as little as £8.25 on allbeauty.com.

~ What is it? ~
The Compact Tangle Teezer is a hair brush without a handle. It has very flexible bristles and was created to detangle tatty hair without tearing, breaking and damaging it. The Compact version isn’t much smaller than the original Tangle Teezer brush, but it has a lid to it which protects the bristles from bending out of shape and stops fluff or dirt from getting between the bristles.

~ In Use ~
The lid has a thin one inch long piece of plastic sticking out of it and it fits into the brush where there is a gap in the centre of the bristles and it fixes together with the lid so that it won’t come off accidentally.
The brush is easy to hold in your hand and runs through your hair easily not tugging or tearing on any tangles. The flexible bristles bend and leave tangles behind them without damaging or tearing out your hair.
My hair is thick and occasionally it becomes very knotted. As I have used this brush more and more I have discovered it does not majorly help to detangle bad knots but it prevents breakage in this situation and when my hair is badly knotted the knot needs as much attention as it would from any other hair brush to detangle, but the flexible bristles mean that it doesn’t just break your hair when pressure is applied when pulling the brush through knotted hair. The bristles bend and release the hair to prevent breakage and I find I have to try to separate the knot into smaller parts to gradually detangle it.
I’m not sure how my hair becomes so knotted, but it is rather annoying. I do feel better using this Compact Tangle Teezer as I do feel like there is a lot less breakage and I feel I have more control over smoothing the knot out than I do with my normal paddle brush.
I think holding it in your hand rather than from a handle makes you feel like you have more control and I think that helps you to know when to release pressure and prevent breakage.
I definitely prefer this Tangle Teezer to the original one and feel a lot more comfortable throwing it in my handbag and taking it out and about with me safe in the knowledge it won’t be getting dirty and the bristles won’t be bending out of shape.
I have never found that the lid has come off on its own accidentally.
The size is quite compact but it wouldn’t fit in your average clutch bag so it is better for bigger handbags if you want to carry it around with you.
For brushing your hair out normally when your hair is not full of knots this is great and you can brush through your hair in no time. I always reach for this brush now and have just about retired my paddle brush.
It is easy to clean with soapy water as it is all made from plastic.
I would recommend this brush over the original Tangle Teezer and I have also bought it as a gift for my sister.

• siberian-queen published 19/07/2017