Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift

Review of "Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift"

published 31/12/2014 | scarletwitch
Member since : 31/12/2014
Pro excellent melodies, poetic lyrics
Cons nasal sound, very country sound is not for everyone
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Excellent country album, but Taylor Swift is not for her pop fans"

Taylor Swift - Ms. Swift's debut album - has a very full country sound, full of guitar twangs and fiddles. The album's songs are consistently good (not mediocre, but not flawless either), with a few that fall flat.

In my opinion, Taylor's voice has not finished maturing and has still has a nasal sound and her accent is apparent in her singing. It makes her stripped vocals a little less appealing; however, her excellent songwriting makes up for this weakness.

In my opinion, sonically, the best songs on Taylor Swift are: Tim McGraw and Teardrops on My Guitar; my least favorites are I'm Only Me When I'm With You and A Perfectly Good Heart.

Full song list: Tim McGraw, Picture to Burn, A Place In This World, Cold As You, Tied Together With a Smile, Stay Beautiful, Should've Said No, Mary's Song (Oh My My My), Our Song, I'm Only Me When I'm With You, Invisible, A Perfectly Good Heart, Teardrops on My Guitar, The Outside

offers "Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift"