billyandb... 1

billyandbenny

Member since:17.09.2005

Tchibo Home Shopping Service

07.01.2006 (17.03.2006)

Advantages:
Seem reasonably priced items

Disadvantages:
Poor customer service, do not uplift returns when arranged

Recommendable No:

3. patriciat
  1. 1st2thebar
  2. harditya
  3. sandemp

I placed an order at Tchibo Home Shopping Service, on their web site, I then received by email their news letter which stated that as a new customer, I could receive free packaging and postage if I entered this number when I placed my order
As I had already placed my order I could not enter the number to obtain the free P&P. So I emailed Tchibo twice to try and get this issue resolved, but did not receive any replies to my emails
I then sent another email asking for Tchibo to arrange collection of the order as I felt disappointed having not received the free P&P, but did not receive a reply to this email either.

I then arranged collection of the order on the Tchibo web site, and received a confirmation email that the parcel would be collected on Friday 30 December 2005 between 8 am and 8 pm. I waited in all day for the courier to collect the parcel, but no courier turned up to collect the parcel.

I then phoned Tchibo's premium rate phone number on 31 December 2005 and spoke to a customer services representative, he was not very helpful telling me that I would have to redial again and speak to another department. Which I was not prepared to do.
He also said to ring back on 03/01/06 and speak to the financial Dept. Again I did not see why I should have to do this. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told that no one was available, he finally told me (after much arguing) that he would probably be able to refund the cost of the P&P to my credit card, but didn't seem very sure, I also asked him if he could reimburse the cost of my phone call of £1, he said that he could not do that.

So I decided that I had better arrange for the parcel to be collected (again), and receive my money back including the £3.95 for P&P, as I had lost all confidence in Tchibo customer service. The collection was arranged for 03/01/06 between 9am and 6 pm. This second collection did not happen either. I finally sent a letter to them through the post, on 05/01/06 and up to today 17/03/06 I have not received a reply from them.
Conclusion

I had emailed 3 times and not received any replies, and waited in all day on the 30 December and the 3rd January 2006 for collection's that never happened, I did include my telephone number in case the courier's had any difficulties, but no one had the decency to phone and say that no collection was going to be made both times.
It states on the Tchibo invoice
"We hope you are pleased with your purchase and that you enjoyed shopping at Tchibo" Well I did not enjoy shopping with Tchibo and have felt very let down.

They say anything can be returned within 14 days, no reason necessary.
I would not recommend Tchibo Home Shopping Service to any one, I think their customer service is appalling, they do not reply to either email or snail mail.

harditya 14.03.2007 21:56

if it did not work for u is doesnot mean no one should deal with them. i understand u had a bad experience but their products are not available anywhere else

yampy-uk 07.01.2006 15:31

You had some bad luck. For those that don't know what they sell here is a link http://www.tchibo.co.uk. All the best: :)

patriciat 07.01.2006 00:35

Have never bought from them which seems just as well. Pat.t x