Tchibo Home Shopping

Tchibo Home Shopping

Review of "Tchibo Home Shopping"

published 21/04/2006 | JeffFromPoole
Member since : 21/12/2005
Pro Good Prices, quirky choices
Cons Customer service from Hell
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"I'm sorry I bothered"

I ordered a PC on line. It was great value and was delivered quite promptly, the fly in the ointment was that it was faulty, failed to boot with a memory parity error, no matter, these things happen, and I wasn't about to hold it against them.

It was one of these faults that I could fix in 5 minutes with a new memory chip, but I had paid for a new PC and called the customer dis-service line and they agreed to pick it up. To make it easy for them I gave my wife's work address, so that there would be somebody in.

The courier failed to turn up on the appointed day so I called them and arranged another, a week later.
That one didn't turn up either.

Complained yet again to Customer Ignorance line. Nobody was able to give any information, any supervisor or manager names, arranged another pickup, which is this coming Monday. I have now had a dead PC for a month and I will update this report on Monday to let you know if it gets picked up.

Updated as promised:

Monday came and they came to collect this PC, trouble was the so and sos went to the wrong address. I called the laughably named customer service line and cancelled the order.

Next update: will I ever get my money back? the saga will run and run.

The customer service advisers are not great, their telephone techniques and customer service skills leave a lot to be desired,
I was given the impression that I was a nuisance and they didn't give a damn about giving service.

Can I advise that anyone thinking of shopping on their website think again and get their goods from one of the shops?

Update 2 25 04 06

After another conversation with the boys from Liverpool I arranged to take the box to my local DHL depot, where a lovely lady took it to ship back to St. Albans. After dropping it off at 08.30 this morning I checked my email when I got home. there was a reply to the mail I had sent a week ago, in which I enquired about them paying for me to mend it. they agreed that this was a possibility, but it was too late. I am going to get a refund and I have seen a better system on Watford Electronics website (savastore.com) which is not only better featured but also cheaper.

When I have had my refund I will order it and you can all look forward to another review!!

update 31/05/06

Well what a SAga! Eventually the refund showed up on my credit card statement. since this I have found a far better PC for less money. Tchibo had a free loan off me of nearly £400 for nearly two months. I have since ordered of the much maligned Ebuyer and have bought a PC which I have reviewed. Hopefully this draws a veil over the whole sordid business.

• kneeshka123 published 07/10/2007
    I receive emails from them but as of yet have never bothered to take much notice. I am with Ipoints and Mutual Points so if I go shopping online I go through them to gain extra discount. Denise
  • Lewis_UK published 12/06/2006
    Wow, I'd thought they'd be decent, I guess they aren't then
  • Holiam published 07/06/2006
    Oh dear, they sound terrible : ( ....one to be avoided then!

Product Information : Tchibo Home Shopping

Listed on Ciao since: 30/11/2003

Tchibo Home Shopping - Review - I'm sorry I bothered

JeffFromP... 1

JeffFromPoole

Member since:21.12.2005

I'm sorry I bothered

21.04.2006 (31.05.2006)

Advantages:
Good Prices, quirky choices

Disadvantages:
Customer service from Hell

Recommendable No:

3. rickyshah
  1. ewanm
  2. killiefan
  3. Lewis_UK

That one didn't turn up either.

Updated as promised:

Next update: will I ever get my money back? the saga will run and run.

Update 2 25 04 06

update 31/05/06

Well what a SAga! Eventually the refund showed up on my credit card statement. since this I have found a far better PC for less money. Tchibo had a free loan off me of nearly 400 for nearly two months. I have since ordered of the much maligned Ebuyer and have bought a PC which I have reviewed. Hopefully this draws a veil over the whole sordid business.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

kneeshka123 07.10.2007 23:15

Lewis_UK 12.06.2006 17:20

Wow, I'd thought they'd be decent, I guess they aren't then

Holiam 07.06.2006 21:39

Oh dear, they sound terrible : ( ....one to be avoided then!