Amplifier - Width:285 mm - RMS Wattage:50 - without Dolby / DTS

Review of "Teac A-H 500"

published 10/07/2013 | prosumer
Member since : 23/07/2008
Im Big in to telly's and sound and I like to do my research as I love a genuine bargain.
Pro exclent powerfull and rich sound with clairty
Cons Disconintued. technology has moved on
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Instructions
Range of Features

"Teac a-h 500 excllent amp if you can find one"

Teac A-H 500

Alas sadly discontinued you cant by this in the shops. but if you spot it on ebay or in a second shop I would highly recommend it as its a rare and highly sought after Amp.

I recently had this amps little brother the ah300 witch was a small but powerful amp that had great sound, so when my brother in law bought the a500 second hand I new I had to have it. after a few years my time came and he sold me it as he got him self a techinics.

The A-h500 is part of teac reference series amps that provide better then high end performance without a planetary price tag, It provides 50w in to 8ohms or 80w in to 4ohms so its plenty powerful for most speakers. it has six inputs (including phono for record players) and comes with a remote.

Its build quality is excellent with a all aluminium chassis and a lovely champagne finish. and the fact that the amp is 9 years old kinda vouches for its reliability!

what's most important here is the sound quality

my last amp was great and gave me a good all-round blend of power and clarity and respected all genres of music

This amp takes great sound quality to a whole new level. the extra power it provides gives music real power and definition. playing daft punks burning I was treated to very crisp high hats that practically danced on my speakers the the raspy synths had real power and verve! with depeche modes delta machine album the vocals really stood out in the music having a more human quality and the thumping bass really kicked. more over all the sounds displayed more richness and real bite.

If you come across this amp you will not regret buying it. I just hope you have forgiving neighbours!

as for how much it is worth. back in the day I don't know but the prices vary on-line ranging from £80 to £300

Important tip!!! the volume dial uses an engineers definition of volume so 0 is the loudest and 80 is the quietest! so don't blow your speakers thinking you have it turned down!!

• prosumer published 11/07/2013
    I will be putting a picture up soon. I am just deciding to take a picture from my camera or weather to seek permission to use much better picture from a fellow owner. as for price Im researching that as I got it at mates rates and wouldn't be representative of its real value
  • RICHADA published 11/07/2013
    Both a photograph and an idea of what to pay (albeit second hand) would have been useful additions here. R.