Tefal FZ 7000 Actifry

Tefal FZ 7000 Actifry

Deep Fryers - Plastic Case - with Coolwall - Electronic Timer, Mechanic Timer - Max volume:0.1 - with Removeable Oil Cavity

Review of "Tefal FZ 7000 Actifry"

published 01/05/2012 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Easy to use, makes delicious chips, can be used to cook other things too.
Cons Quite expensive.
Performance
User's Manual

"I'm frying with air now!"

Sometimes I want to have a dinner that is simple to cook and yet one that my husband and I are going to enjoy. This is probably why my Mum picked me up this Tefal Actifry for Christmas 2011. I had been admiring them for a while and felt that the price tag was a little high yet naturally I was incredibly pleased when I opened my largest Christmas present to reveal this!

This fryer comes well protected in a cardboard box. It is simple enough to get this out of the box and it takes just a moment or two to do this and to get it set up. The box and packaging was recyclable so that is always good.

To set up this fryer to use was incredibly simple. All you need to do is plug this in and it is good to go! The design is so simple and it is very clever too! This fryer is designed to use hot air to circulate around the food and ensure even cooking. This also helps reduce the amount of oil that is needed and all you need is a spoon (one is provided with this) of oil and some chips and you are ready to cook! There is an arm within the fryer that is inside the fryer and this rotates to make sure that the food is moving around the bowl and getting cooked evenly. This helps to make sure that chips are crispy on the outside and warm and fluffy on the inside. The lid is simple to open and there is a button for this, the lid clicks back down in to place too with ease. There is a space that you can look through in the lid to make sure that the food is cooked evenly. There is even a handy timer that you can set which does take a little bit of getting used to but the little manual that comes with it does give you a good idea on how to use everything and you will soon get to grips with the times it takes for items to cook.

This fryer is quite simple to clean too. It comes apart easily and the little plastic section can be removed to be either hand washed or washed in a dishwasher. The plastic scoop can also be washed in the same manners too.

The best feature of this fryer is that it can cook 1kg of chips with just a spoonful of oil. This is fantastic and makes them quite cheap to make too. The chips come out fantastic too with just a spoonful of oil so this is fantastic. I love my chips crispy and fluffy and these are exactly that!

I have been very pleased with this fryer. It can make a little noise in my kitchen but it doesn't stop me from doing other jobs around the house and is not the loudest noise ever. In addition to making chips I have cooked lots of other potatoes products too. There are other things that can be cooked in this such as chilli but I am yet to try things like that because of the mess it would probably make.

This is very simple to use and works incredibly well. Overall I have been very pleased with the quality of this Actifry and I would have no hesitations in recommending this to anyone!

• garymarsh86 published 01/05/2012
    I like the sound of it but like you its the price tag that puts me off. Mind you I am not a lover of chips so don't know if we would get much use out of it.
  • Nar2 published 01/05/2012
    Good review!
  • RICHADA published 01/05/2012
    This sounds like an excellent way to have your cake and eat it. R.