Telecom Plus

Telecom Plus

Review of "Telecom Plus"

published 23/06/2005 | Montison
Member since : 08/06/2005
Pro An effective and easy way to save money.
Cons Why didn't I discover this company sooner?
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"A great way to save money 24/7."

There's no such thing as a free lunch, but why pay more for something than you have to? I discovered Telecomplus when a friend told me how much he was paying for the phone calls he was making and I was genuinely shocked! When I sat down and compared the cost of a call with T+ against what BT were charging me, I realised that instead of paying £120 a quarter, it would be around £80. So what's the catch? Well, after searching the internet and checking various reviews like those on 'Ciao' I decided to take the plunge and give Telecomplus a try.

It's now 12 months later and I feel that I can comment on the services available from this UK based company. I switched my home phone calls, gas and electricity over from BT, Powergen and Npower respectively. With in a week, a 'smart-box' arrived in the shape of a pig. Once connected to the phone, there was no difference to the quality of the line and I just dial as normal.

Three weeks later I received two letters asking for the meter readings of my gas and electricity. Having completed these and returning them the same day, I thought no more about it. Then a phone call from one of the previous suppliers asking why I wanted to leave them and could they do anything to make me stay? So I asked,

"Can you beat Telecomplus on cost?"
"No." came the reply. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

The first bill dropped through the letterbox and I opened it in great anticipation. Definitely less than before and so easy to understand. All three services on one bill, making it simple to plan ahead.

I was using 'Freeserve' for my 512k Broadband and was paying £27.99 a month with download limits. Telecomplus offered me 1Mbs at £19.95 a month with no download limits. Twice the speed and £96.48 less a year. I requested a MAC number from 'Freeserve' and gave it to T+ for the transfer of the broadband line. Then I find out that T+ will give me two months free broadband, another £39.90 saved. Mega fast broadband with no cut off points, no download limits and reliable connection.

So far so good, no problems and I'm saving money.

When Orange wrote to me about my mobile contract that was ending, I checked the mobile tariffs offered by Telecomplus. Comparing the two, I discovered that my monthly bill would be half the cost. Another £360 a year better off and a new phone to boot, I even kept my existing number. No problems with the Nokia phone and better coverage.

In May 2005 I also moved my line rental from BT (bye bye BT), and shall save another £6 a year. The savings just go on and on. Having just paid my bill for the 12th month of being a T+ customer I have saved £763.38 plus I got a cashback of £50 on top of that. That's money in my pocket for me to spend as I want. To access these services I always go to www.itsyourmoney.org.uk. There really are no negatives with Telecomplus, just massive savings to be had. Highly recommended to all.

• Yoman published 25/09/2006
    This is an advertisment wrote by an agent. Should be removed. They are expensive for phone calls and gas/electricity was cheap, but now is not.
  • orionmoo published 11/04/2006
    I have been a t+ customer and distributer for many years now and they are excellent adn you're review sums up perfectly the savings that can be made
  • Shadow_X published 05/01/2006
    I haven't heard of telecom plus before but I shall look into them after reading your review they seem to be very good.

Product Information : Telecom Plus