Telewest

Review of "Telewest"

published 16/04/2002 | Infernoid
Member since : 06/03/2002
Pro Cost, quality
Cons Customer support time, restriced availability
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Lets talk, talk, talk"

Telewest provide an excellent phone service, in my opinion far better than BT. Having changed from BT to Telewest about 8 years ago, I have been with them since and have no intention on returning. Don't get me wrong, I know BT have improved a lot since when I left, but the cost of BT is still a lot more expensive.

I am currently on Talk Unlimited. This costs £25.00 per month and includes the phone line rental. Thats not all though - it also gives you unlimited calls 24/7 (excluding premium, mobile and internet). A fantastic price. Also, you could have there Digital TV service for only about £5.00 more! It's a great deal.

The basic call charges (mobile, premium, international, etc) are very good value and represent a fast amount of savings when compared to BT and other competitors. I never worry about have a large phone bill now!

Obviously, Telewest provide a pay as you use service. You need just a phone line for £10.00 a month and then pay for the calls you make. If you use the phone very little, this is the best option. If you use it a lot, then the Talk Unlimited service is best.

The actual phone system is very clear and the features are very advanced - call waiting, answerphone, conference, banning, etc. Continully rolling out new features, and rather than increase there prices (like BT), Telewest offer you the features on pay for £1.00 per month extra. Therefore, you only pay for what you want!

The only downside of Telewest is the customer service. The queue times are very long and always seem to be queuing over 15 minutes. However, the actual service provided is outstanding. They can see if your phone has any problems there and then and basicially rectify the problem ASAP.

Telewest is a fantastic phone supplier and easily beats all competitors. The only problem is the availability in certains areas.

• tabyorky published 16/04/2002
    We are on telewest too.
  • Bauldin published 16/04/2002
    It is a good opinion but it seems to be missing something I can't put my finger on it right now, when this empty head of mine works it out I will tell you
  • djohan published 16/04/2002
    Welcome to CIAO. I think it's very kind of you just to let us read your excellent ops. Cheers, -dj.

Product Information : Telewest