Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > Ten things I hate about supermarkets > Reviews

myportfol... 4

myportfolio

Member since:18.01.2005

ThE disadvantages of Supermarkets

19.12.2005

Advantages:
There are advantages of shopping there  -  - PRICE and well,that's all

Disadvantages:
Long lines, broken boxes, loudspeakers, messy floors and more

7 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. MAFARRIMOND
  2. callancool
  1. The_Glasgow_Superstar
  2. KEPP
  3. kelr101

5 Things I Dislike about Supermarket Shopping

1. Supermarket discount cards:

These are the discount cards that the customer service department dishes out to you or anyone shopping there. They don't ask for Identification ,they ask for nothing in exchange for the discount . S o Im thinking , Why doesn't the supermarket just offer a discount to everyone?
These cards are being used to track our purchases so the supermarket is getting something from them and the consumer thinks they are getting something but in retrospect, all the consumer gets is higher prices for consumers who have not cards and who want their privacy protected and lower temporary prices for card holders [Surely they must jack up the prices first before they discount them, right? ].

2. Supermarket checkers who act like racing car drivers:

The checkers that check out like lightening fast. These checkers are usually the ones who make errors, and wont' catch a bad pricing. And, they dont' seem to care about anything except getting you out of the store quickly. I would much rather have better customer service and more polite people who ring the correct prices.

3. Old , dusty boxes on shelves:

Some supermarkets do not remove their damaged boxes of food and that is so unclean. The food , like rice leaks from the seams when you pick it up, making the floors dangerous for customers.

4. HIGH displays:

The persons who pack supermarkets think that everyone is a giant. And, worse than that , they put the things that children grab at --at low levels, like candy, and soda.
We can't reach the top two shelves in the supermarket and there is never anyone around to reach those for us.

5. LOUDspeakers;

It's annoying enough on a regular day, but imagine going to the supermarket with a bad headache, then hearing the same loud announcements over and over. Why not just announce sales once every hour and let a customer have a break?

Those are things that I dislike about supermarkets.

I 'm sorry to say I can't use the word hate, because after all it's only a supermarket and these are just annoyances at the most.

« Previous review

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

KEPP 13.01.2006 10:50

Ooh cant agree more with some of them!

kelr101 23.12.2005 19:32

I must admit I have a strong dislike for Christmas Shopping in Supermarkets...its like a mass gathering at this time!

torr 19.12.2005 19:27

Whether it's hatred or dislike is obviously up to you. I regret to say, though, that I found I couldn't justify more than an H rating when you've only come up with five things out of the ten asked for in the topic category.