Tend Skin Solution

Tend Skin Solution

Review of "Tend Skin Solution"

published 15/09/2009 | xKatieeex
Member since : 13/01/2009
Pro Works!
Cons Expensive, smells strongly
How does it affect your skin?
How easy is to apply?
Does it smell good?
Quality of shave

"Tend for your skin!"

''What is it?'''
Tendskin is a solution which stops razor bumps, ingrown hairs and razor burn. It is for both men and women and is useable anywhere hair is removed. It is especially useful for when you get 'down there' waxed as it acts as an exfoliant stopping the ingrown hairs that come so readily in that area.

''What does it look like?'''
It comes in a blue bottle, with a gold twist cap. It has gold & white writing on the front telling you the name of the product and what it's for. On the back i has directions, warnings and ingredients. These are as follows:

Directions - Apply only to DRY skin. Test small area 5 minutes for sensitivity. Dampen cotton ball with Tend Skin Liquid and apply to area. Use morning and night until area is clear, then daily after hair removal.

Warnings - Do not ingest. Flammable. Keep away from children. Keep out of eyes. Avoid use if allergic to aspirin. Not tested for use during pregnancy/nursing. Harmful to leather, fabrics, carpets, finished surfaces. Avoid using in conjunction with exfoliants or other active skin products.

Ingredients - Isopropyl, Alcohol, Water, Propylene, Glycol, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin.

I'm not sure if it's suitable to use this if you're not allowed to use NSAIDs like aspirin due to other medications so I would just check with a doctor before using it.

Prices
The product is quite expensive, but I really do think it's worth the price tag.
It comes in three sizes;
118ml at £13.95
236ml at £23.38
472ml at £37.95

I get waxed every couple of months and I find that the smallest bottle (118ml) lasts about a year. Although, I don't use it on my legs or underarms. It is better value to buy the biggest (472ml) bottle, but you just have to watch out for the expiry date.

All these prices are from Amazon. I am also able to get them from the place I get waxed, so just ask your beautician if they stock Tend Skin. I find them to be more expensive instore though.

Using it
You are recommended to use a cotton ball to apply the solution to affected areas, but I find that the cotton ball soaks up a lot of the liquid and you're left with little to put on yourself. I put a little bit on my hand and wipe it on the affected area. It dries pretty quickly. Just watch though, if you're using it soon after getting waxed it can sting, but that goes away really quickly.

The liquid has quite a strong, unpleasant smell to it - almost like nail varnish remover. So, if you are using it down below and are planning to get intimate, I really WOULD NOT recommend using this product before hand as it will smell strange.

I tend to use it every day after I get waxed for a week or two so as to avoid ingrown hairs and to lessen the redness after a wax, just once at night and then if I do get any ingrown hairs after that, I'll use it on the area affected until it's gone.

Results
I think this works extremely well. If I use it soon after getting waxed, like that evening, the redness and bumps that come after a wax are usually gone within the next day whereas usually it takes 3-4 days for them to disappear. I've also avoided getting ingrown hairs while using this.

My brother used it on his face as he had really bad shaving rash and it disappeared within days. So it works on both men and women!

Overall
It's a great product, although a tad expensive. It's easy to use and definitely works. It smells strongly, but I don't think that's a reason not to use it.

This review has also been posted on DooYoo under the same username.

• carcraig published 23/09/2009
    I hadn't heard of this before.
  • lora44 published 17/09/2009
    This sounds like a really useful product, great review! x
  • Cutecandy published 17/09/2009
    Great review. Cutecandy

Product Information : Tend Skin Solution

For men and women. this revolutionary product improves the appearance of razor rashes and bumps. clearing up/preventing ingrown hairs. whether from shaving. waxing. or electrolysis. For women its fantastic on bikini lines. underarms. legs and faces. For men. use it on the face. back of head and neck. A mild. exfoliating solution to prevent redness and rashes - it leaves your skin smooth and clear

Long Name: Solution, In-Growing Hair Solution

Type: Shaving & Hair Removal Gel / Foam, Face Cream / Teatment, Hair Removal Cream

Genre: Shaving Cream