Terence Conran Value Flat Grater

Terence Conran Value Flat Grater

Food Preparation - Grater

Review of "Terence Conran Value Flat Grater"

published 17/07/2011 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Good
Pro easy to use, bargain price
Cons quite lightweight

"Compact And Flat"

This is Tesco, Ciao have put it up under the wrong name. In every kitchen, there are a few essentials everyone needs, such as a tin opener and of course a cheese grater. I don't eat cheese a lot but I do think it is useful to have one as I do like to eat things such as nachos or when cooking you do tend to grate ingredients into the mix. I didn't want to spend too much on my grater though as like I said I don't use it all of the time but I just wanted one that did the task required and was easy enough to use. I knew, I could count on good old Tesco to have a value one at my price.

APPEARANCE

This is not like your usual grater as it is of course a flat one but it is probably easier to store in the sense that is is flat. The grater is bordered by black plastic and this is where the handle is. It also has a cut out hole for hanging it up on a hook. The silver bit in the middle has holes for bigger and smaller grating and really is a compact model. With the handle in place it makes lie a lot easier while grating and for the price, you really couldn't ask for more.

FLAT GRATER

This grater, is about as long as a sheet of A4 paper and it really is good for just putting away in the cupboard and pulling it out when you need it as it doesn't take up much room at all. When ready to use, cheese just needs to be rubbed up and down the grater holes and if you have a bowl underneath, then it will all fall into it and will be perfectly grated. I did find it a bit of a nightmare holding this with the handle and pushing cheese up and down it but you just need to really grip onto it and it will work fine.

The grater works well on both the bigger holes and the smaller, I tend to use the smaller holes more though as I like my cheese grated finer. Now, once the cheese is grated it does a good job in getting it all sliced up and then is the fun task of cleaning the grater. I don't think any grater is fun to clean as the cheese always gets caught up in all the grooves but I usually leave it to soak in hot water and this will get rid of the cheese and then you just need to give it a good clean with a brush or sponge and it will be good as new.

The grater is very lightweight which I also liked about it but it could also easily break if used to aggressively. The grate could also be laid down flat over a bowl which is probably how most would use it as then you just go left to right with what you are grating and it will fall into the bowl much easie.r It is very sharp on the edges of all of the holes so just be careful not to cut your finger while using this as it can be easily done with kitchen tools like these.

I would gladly recommend this to anyone wanting a cheap and easy to use grater. It is not the most stylish and probably the standing up kind are the easiest to hold but for the price it is a bargain. It'd probably be good for those going to university as well as it will last and is very cheap and it is something you will most likely need to buy at some point.

COST

This grater is available in the kitchen area of most Tesco stores and is only 75p which is fantastic really, who knew they could be sold so cheap. It is part of the Tesco Value range but not that it makes any difference you can always upgrade to something higher class later but it does the job which is the main thing.

For more information go to http://www.tesco.com and find your nearest store.

• RICHADA published 18/07/2011
    A photo would have been good here as Ciao have not only put up the wrong category, but also not put a photo with it. R.
  • catsholiday published 17/07/2011
    Terence Conran value!! Good old Ciao. This is a good price for a grater.
  • JOHNV published 17/07/2011
    Agree it is a bargain - and haaaa! at rosebud's comment!