Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel

Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel

Travel Healthcare - Travel Hygiene - Hand Gel

Review of "Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel"

published 11/11/2009 | cher1974
Member since : 30/10/2009
Pro Kills 99.9% of bacteria, fast dry, no need for soap and water
Cons Strong smell of alcohol, highly flammable

"Are you worried about SWINE FLU? Then this is for you."

Tesco antibacterial hand gel, kills 99.9% of bacteria.

This is such a handy little item to carry around in your bag, it comes in very handy so often. It cleans your hands and kills germs without the need for soap and water. It's cool and refreshing when you rub it in and it absorbs really quickly and isn't at all sticky.

I work in a primary school and sometimes am called to work in the lunch canteen, in our school we have several children with severe food allergies, this product makes working meal times so much easier. Every time I open a yogurt for a child or peel a banana etc I can just squirt a little hand gel on my hands and feel confident that I won't be putting the children with allergies at risk.

Another time I found it incredibly useful is when we were camping in the summer, handy if you don't have washing facilities near by.

If you carry it around with you at all times, you can use it anywhere at anytime, just think, if you are sat on the bus holding on to the bar in front of you, how many people have held that bar before you who have sneezed into their hands. (just one huge example, I could go on but if I do there is likely to be an influx of OCD).

And what about when you use a public toilet go to use the soap pump dispenser and it's empty! not a problem just grab your hand gel.

Hand gels are used by all staff in hospitals and is proven to be very effective.

Tesco's own gel costs just 47p for a 50ml bottle. Small bottles make it handy to carry around in your bag or pocket without it taking up much space.

It has a slight fruity smell but you can definitely smell the alcohol, that said I wouldn't describe the smell as unpleasant at all.

To use you simple rub a small amount of gel into your hand and its dried within seconds.

BE WARNED - the alcohol content in this gel makes this product highly flammable!

Ingredients

Benzophenone - 3
Hexyl Cinnamal
Citonellol
Citral

5/5 highly recommendable especially with the increase in swine flu!

Summary: Stick one in your bag or pocket today.